SLICERS: Insert a Slicer
A free video tutorial from Steve McDonald
Dedicated Instructor Will Help You Excel | 300K+ Students
4.5 instructor rating • 21 courses • 396,813 students
Learn more from the full courseMicrosoft Excel - Excel with The Ultimate Excel Course
Go from Excel Beginner to Excel Expert in 10 Hours - Using Microsoft Excel 2010, Excel 2013, Excel 2016, Excel 2019
10:31:56 of on-demand video • Updated July 2020
- Become more PRODUCTIVE at using Excel which will SAVE YOU HOURS per day & ELIMINATE STRESS at work!
- We teach you how to use Excel with CONFIDENCE that will lead to greater opportunities like a HIGHER SALARY and PROMOTIONS!
- Increase your Excel SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE within HOURS which will GET YOU NOTICED by Top Management & prospective Employers!
- Master the Basics of Excel: how to navigate Excel, create a spreadsheet and save your work
- Gain confidence with the usage of top 50 Excel formulas
- Discover multiple ways on how you can maximize VLOOKUP
- Learn about the Text, Mathematical, Date and Time, Logic, Financial, Informational Excel Formulas
- Use Excel Tables to give color & analytical power to your boring lists
- Use Pivot Tables to analyze thousands of Excel rows & create interactive reports with key business metrics in a flash!
- Create interactive Excel Dashboards that will get you noticed by top management & prospective employers
- Create Bar, Column, Pie and Line Charts in Excel
- Create 3D maps and use 1-Click forecasting in Excel 2016
- Understand how Excel Macros and VBA work
- Learn Excel Macros and VBA through Project Based Scenarios
- Create Excel Macros from Scratch using the Excel Macro Recorder
- Modify Excel Macros with custom VBA in order to create more dynamic automation
English You know pivot I will have our sales month and products in our report field. And we have some multiple items in their selected January February and March but we don't know which months are selected. If we look at it from this view he uses multiple items but it could be any item from January to December . Now this was a real problem in earlier versions of Excel but in Excel 2010 it's a new feature. It's called slices slices a large part and this shows you what has been selected in your filters. Oh you can call them Bijl filters. Now let's insert a slicer. We have to click inside our pivot table and go into the pivot tables to start the options and we click on inserts Lysa and you search Lysa and we get to the inserts Lass's the dollar box. Now here we have all the field leaks. So whatever is in here is also included in the slices and we can select any one of them. Now we can select the ones that are already active here or the ones that are not like the ones that are active last month and products and then we can also select the cells region and the financial year . And finally we'll select one that's not part of our pivot table and that is sales person and price. Okay. And then we have our five different slices so it's arrange these two slices. Now what we'll just grab them and put them anywhere in them with your mouse. Okay. And the products we can bring down here what we can do is just from the bottom we can bring it all the way up and like these. OK. So now we can see that this is months in they have three months selected. As we said before and also in our slice of seldomer we can see which months are selected. So now we get a Wii that's not available in the report field. So he gets rid of the multiple items problem and we can see we have Jan March they are highlighted in blue and whatever is not highlighted that means it's not selected. What we can do is from the top right hand corner we can clear the fields up and the pivot table updates automatically and as well as the pool filter. And now we can choose I slice to that's not part of the pivot table if you will. And then we can choose Homer Simpson and that gets updated automatically choose each one of them. Now in here he means that in the south region that they're available in America. And because they already are here Europe Asia and Africa there are no valleys. We can check Americas and it's clear the field is from here and go back now we can select multiple items by holding the control key for example for one Americas which is America is under control. We choose Europe and choose Asia and we get our pivot table updated accordingly. And it's clear that if one did choose six months then how on generate the cake and then go all the way down to G. And that highlights there automatically as well. Slices are a great feature they need in Excel and then and they give us some video feel to us that we never had before.