Editing your Macro Code 2
VBA or Visual Basic Applications is the programming language behind all office applications. By writing or editing this code you can take your macros to another level.
You can create some awesome macros by recording, but the real power lies in writing the VBA. Using VBA you can create complex macros that enhance the capabilities of Excel.
This tutorial covers;
- Understanding some of the VBA code generated by our protecting formulas macro
- Edit the code to tidy it up and correct mistakes
- Add an IF statement to exit the macro if the sheet is already protected
- Add the msgbox VBA function to display a message to the user upon exiting
Learn more from the full courseExcel VBA - The Complete Excel VBA Course for Beginners
Learn Excel VBA and take your spreadsheets to the next level.
12:15:28 of on-demand video • Updated September 2021
- Write powerful Excel VBA code to automate processes
- Identify real world situations where you can apply your new VBA skills
- Understand, test and debug VBA errors
- Lifetime access to the lessons, practice files, exercises, and 1-on-1 instructor support
- Fun and effective lessons including 'real world' Excel VBA projects to complete
- Projects and challenges to practice your skills