Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
In this course, we cover social media planning and marketing, building a presence and targeting the most effective social media networks for your brand depending upon your audience. Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram and Foursquare and their usage will be explained briefly.
Facebook and Twitter for business will be discussed in detail, along with effective content management strategies to inform and engage your users.
Section 1- Planning in Social Media Marketing- How to select your social network presence
1) Introduction: Traditional vs New forms of marketing
2) Digital marketing and social media: How they work together
3) What is social media?
4) How social media, aligns with your business goals
5) Building an MVP through social media
6) Concept of virality
7) 9 key steps in building a presence
8) Identifying your target audience and key branding messages
9) Selecting your social network presence:
10) Other networks tailor made to interests
11) Things to remember: A few pitfalls of social media
Section 2 - Building a presence and engaging your target market, through Facebook pages
1) Profiles Vs Groups Vs Pages
2) Facebook for Business- first steps in creating a fan page
3) Facebook Page features: apps, milestones and more
4) Telling an effective business story using facebook timeline
5) Content Management: tips and effective strategies for user engagement
6) Marketing your products, and the right mix of Promotional VS Informative posts
7) Dealing with trolls and angry customers effectively
8) Using Instagram effectively, alongside facebook
9) The new Facebook graph search and what it means for brands
Lesson 3 - Twitter page management for brands and businesses
1) MVP testing
2) Twitter profiles, photo-streams and backgrounds
3) Important terminology to understand
4) Lists and creating favorites
5) Strategies to increase and engage followers
6) Effective event management techniques for live-tweeting + hashtags
7) Tools to use Twitter even more effectively: third-party apps
8) Using Foursquare and Twitter together
About The Instructor
Iba Masood is currently the account director, at the Australian based social media and web design firm, 3elements Digital. She is also a co-founder of Gradberry.com, and has received several awards for her work in digital marketing, including being nominated alongside international and regional marketing campaigns for the Internet Awards, for the Gradberry.com launch. She started Gradberry.com and The Fruit Bowl (a leading careers blog for students) with a $0 social media marketing budget. Iba is a recipient of the Cartier Women's Initiative Award, and has written for the Huffington Post on digital marketing and entrepreneurship.
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: Planning and selecting your social media presence|
1) Traditional VS. New Forms of Marketing
2) What is Social Media?
3) Aligning Social Media with Business Goals
1) Virality and “MVP” Key Concepts
2) The 9 Steps of Building a Presence
3) Target Audience
4) Branding Guidelines
5) Social Network Presence: LinkedIn and Youtube
1) Social Network Presence: Pinterest, Google+ and WordPress.com
2) Interest Based Networks
3) Pitfalls of Social Media
|Section 2: Building a presence and engaging your target market, through Facebook Pages|
1) Building a Presence
2) Profiles VS. Groups VS. Pages
3) Facebook for Business
4) First Steps: Usernames and Vanity URL
5) Creating a Fan Page
6) Facebook Apps
7) Pin, Star and Hide Comment
8) Private Messaging
9) Milestones: Telling a Brand Story
1) Building Engagement Through Content Management
2) Promotional VS. Informative
3) Unhappy Fans
4) Tips on using Instagram and Facebook
5) New Graph Search
|Section 3: Twitter Page Management for Brands and Businesses|
1) Building a presence on Twitter
2) Twitter Terminologies: @Mentions, Interactions and Direct Messaging
3) Engaging Followers
4) Lists and Favourites
1) Finding Target Audience and Followers
2) Follower/Following Rations
3) 3rd Party Apps
4) Hashtags and Events
5) Foursquare + Twitter
The Gradberry Academy, by the leading skills and jobs website Gradberry.com, offers live, interactive courses in new and emerging industries to over 25,000 users from field experts. Current courses available are in social media, digital marketing, SEO, SEM, Google analytics and web design, and new courses are offered on a monthly basis at http://courses.gradberry.com/
For more info on gradberry, visit