This whole interviewing process is a complex, cold, and frustrating experience that most people can't stand. This is exactly the reason I decided to tackle it, systematize it, and bring it to you.
I'm coming to you with career development tools, interview tips, and job grabbing processes to help you get the interview flow down pat. And don't worry, this is not PhD level confusing tactics (though there are ninja-nuggets of goodness inside).
I took an experimenter's role when researching this Interview Action series of books. Yes, I made cold-calls to recruiters to get advice. Yes, I applied for positions I was not "qualified" for (and still got the interviews). Yes, I used my years of psychometric testing data and surveys from my website to refine my approaches.
And yes, you will get at least 1 big 'ah-ha' from this series of books that will make a difference in your interview mastery skill-set. You just have to be willing to look for it.
This series of videos will help you prepare for, find, get, and win at the interviewing process to make getting your next job that much more attainable. Think of it as personal interview training right in your browser.
Here is a breakdown of what Part 1: Build Your Foundation will do for you:
If you're ready to get up and learn some new interview methods, get what works best for you, and start applying it to the interview process, then let's go.
It's time to start making interviews work for you!
Welcome to the course! It's time to build your Interview Action Foundation. You'll learn how to get your reasons for finding a job down pat, understand why the interviewee and company want to hire you, and how to best form your supporting information.
Next, you'll jump into figuring out how to transform your experience into the skills HR is looking for. Finally, you get to show your chops and send the competition running by being the better candidate.
Here's a run-down of what you'll cover:
Part 1: Build Your Foundation:
1) Know the reasons: This interview mindset preparation section will help destroy the fear of the unknown and get you confidently ready to start your interviewing journey.
2) Show Your Skills: Here you'll align everything you've ever done with what matters most to interviewers. Show what you've got and the value you will add.
3) Beat The Competition: The market is a snarling bear and if you don't figure out how to beat the competition, you'll be just another "rejection email" in a company's huge pile of submissions.
Thank you so much for taking the course. You're well on your way to making job interviews work for you for a change.
Dive deeper into your interview action mastery by looking forward to Parts 2 and 3 of this series of training courses. Here's a brief run-down of what's to come:
Part 2: Enter The Market:
1) Discovering Openings:This section turns years of "old-school" advice into updated and practical tips you can use in today's challenging market.
2) Do Your Research: Times have changed and researching what you're going for is powerful for you and the interviewer. Be ready leave a lasting impression or know when to walk away.
3) Planning the Interview: Not enough time, effort, and preparation is spent in the steps leading up to the actual interview. Get your job hunting efforts focused and boosted here.
Part 3: WIN-terviewing:
1) Hone Your Mind: Here you will become a master of your emotions, confidence, and motivation. This whole process is a mind game and you're the controller of your actions.
2) Talk Without Talking: Over half of all communication is done without actual spoken words. Learn how to overcome self-sabotaging body language and interview with confidence.
3) Master Tough Questions: You know they're coming. You know those tough questions every hates to answer will be thrown your way. Work through the good answers now and be prepared.
4) Negotiating The Win: Your life and time is the most valuable resource. Make sure you are getting what you're worth. Get the most out of your time, income, and freedom.
Looking for direction and guidance in your career and life? You need the right tools to help you find, navigate, and improve the way you grow your career and live your life. You need the right tools for your career path. Simple, practical, and useful resources are waiting for you.
I’m the elbow-grease behind richardstep.com, helping thousands discover more about themselves and their career paths daily. I’ve published several books on personality testing, optimizing learning, and building strengths. I’ve also designed online self-discovery and career aptitude tests available at richardstep.com.
Cancer once knocked me down, the good Lord gave me a second chance, and now I want to help you use yours. I take the old career development fluff and turn it into tools you can use. My latest tool, Unleash Your Strengths, is guaranteed to help you in your career boosting journey.
I live near Houston, TX, with my extraordinary wife, adorable kids, and overgrown backyard.