Getting Started With Microsoft Hololens. Basic to Advanced
- 9.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
- You can begin building apps for HoloLens
- Mixed reality
- Windows 10
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 2 (Community Edition)
- Unity 3D for HoloLens
- Windows 10 SDK (if you didn’t already install it with Visual Studio 2015)
- HoloLens Emulator
Mixed reality: Your world is the canvas
Microsoft HoloLens is the first self-contained, holographic computer, enabling you to engage with your digital content and interact with holograms in the world around you.
This training is the first step in developing applications for the popular Microsoft Hololens. Hololens is a wearable computer by Microsoft that projects 3-dimensional holograms that can be interacted using gestures and voice commands. It is neither virtual reality nor augmented reality, but a new form called Mixed Reality – combination of Virtual and Augmented realities. Unity is also used to develop applications for Hololens.
The training includes the following:
Microsoft Hololens (Module #1) - Getting Started With Microsoft Hololens
Section 1 – Introduction:
- Getting introduced to Microsoft Hololens.
- A quick primer to Windows 10 environment.
- Introduction to Universal Windows Platform.
- Installing the requisite tools.
- Writing the first Hololens Application.
Section 2 – Extending the knowledge:
- Adding Gaze functionality.
- Adding Gesture functionality.
- Adding voice capabilities.
Microsoft Hololens (Module #2) - Developing Interactive Applications
Spatial Mapping Understanding spatial mapping techniques. Building from a sample application.
Shared Holograms Installing the requisite tools and sample projects for shared holograms. Interactions.
Microsoft Hololens (Module #3) - Advanced Microsoft Hololens
Section 1 – More about Hololens:
- Understanding the device hardware.
- Developing holographic objects.
- Interacting with the holographic objects.
Section 2 – Publishing and going beyond:
- Publishing applications to the Windows Store.
- Potential opportunities across different domains.
- App developers
- Game developers