24 yrs GIS Educator & Consultant: 3 Courses, 5000+ Students!
Hi. It's great to meet you.
QGIS tutorials are what I teach. Take my tutorials and learn to use QGIS!
My QGIS tutorials make use of use the free QGIS, They come from the place of an experienced geographer and GIS consultant.
* I teach Professional people how to incorporate “spatial” into their projects.
* I teach GIS technicians how to work with the non GIS savvy.
I have worked with Geographical Information Systems for over two decades. I have worked as an academic at Monash University and a consultant in my own GIS consultancy.
GIS is a very broad topic and there are many ways to teach it. My approach is that of a geographer who uses GIS as a tool to solve geographical problems. Most GISs these days are similarly capable, but for me there is a problem in that too many GIS professionals do not understand the data they manage. Too often I see professionals discussing this-or-that modelling algorithm while failing to understand that the data they’re using for their modelling is not up to the task.
Currently based in Victoria, Australia, I have consulted on a diverse range of projects – environmental, sustainability planning, and human. Clients have included the United Nations, the Australian Federal Government, Victorian State Government, Local Governments, Australian Universities, and Water Utilities.
My refereed publications are diverse…
* Environmental sustainability modelling for Local Government planning.
* Housing affordability modelling for State Government planning.
* Buried asset condition modelling for the water industry