Ahmed El.ashwah (Al-Am Fan)
Animation Film Maker
- My name is Ahmed El.Ashwah: Animation Film Maker, CEO and Founder of A4Kids Animation Studio, I am also a plastic artist, born in 1971, Graduated from the Faculty of Fine Arts, Sculpture Department, Alexandria University, I have worked as an animation maker and multimedia specialist in a major educational institution for twelve years before I devoted myself to my own project and dream of my life and established A4Kids Animation Studio in 2010 in Alexandria (Egypt) …..
- A4Kids Animation Studio is the first animation studio which are specialized in animation films made by children in all kinds of techniques through workshops which we teach children drawing, sculpture, animation techniques, storyboard, photography, script writing, audio performance, puppet theater and game development, we produced many movies which are participated in the most famous animation festivals over world such as: the third round of Sharjah international Biennial for children’s arts in 2012-2013, Animasyros Greece 2008, Animated Beirut 2009, Animafest Greece 2010, Animafrik Ghana 2009, Plasencia Spain 2015, Cairo International Film for Children 2012 …… I was recently honored to be a jury member at the Dubrovnik Film Festival for Children and Youth 2017 in Croatia (DUFF).
- I was honored to have accomplished the great achievement of collaborating in the making of the international movie “Red Dot”, which was made by children with the coordination with 32 directors from all around the globe, throughout my membership in AWG foundation. It has been displayed in the Annecy and Hiroshima festivals in France and Japan respectively in 2012.
All our animation films made by children in our studio are shown on A4Kids TV on YouTube.
- Proudly, after nine years of working with kids, I designed an animation art and storytelling curriculum and I named it (مدرسة العم فن للمخرج الصغير) (Al-Am Fan School for Young Director). It can be taught in Art and Design subject classes in schools, directed to kids from 7 to 14 years old.
Note: *Al-Am Fan (Al-Am is cultural term related to a trusted family member whom kids like listening to as he is more of a storyteller; “Fan” is the Arabic translation for Art, and we intentionally chose this so as to go with "Al-Am" as a culturally-related term) …..
- It was the last step, especially after the pandemic, so we decided not to be satisfied with working with children in schools, but by trying to reach children everywhere in the world while they are sitting in their places through the famous learning website “Udemy”, and we began preparing a complete explanation of the animation curriculum, starting from the digital drawing then the traditional animation technique through stop motion to reaching children’s proficiency in making cartoon art with all techniques, not just watching it on TV screens.
- Our courses on “Udemy” are not only directed to children from the age of 7 years, but also for beginners of any age …..