Identifying Your Audience Introduction (What, Why & How of this Section)
Welcome to Act 1: "Identifying and Identifying with the Audience"
In business, we always want to know who our customer is before selling or marketing the product. We also refer to this as the target market. If you know who your customer is before creating the product, then you can tailor the product to meet the needs of the customer. As such, before we create our speech or presentation product, we need to understand who our customer or audience is.
In terms of the What, Why and How of ACT 1:
We will discuss WHAT we need to understand about our audience before making the content of the presentation.
WHY? Because creating content without understanding the precise demographic and characteristics of our audience might lead us to creating a suboptimal presentation experience.
HOW are we going to do this? We will discuss what delivery and content makes most sense for an audience and then we will complete an exercise in our Success Journal that will help us understand who we are presenting to so that we can make sure to:
1) meet or better yet exceed our audience’s expectations,
2) appeal to the right emotions (if applicable) and 3) make the presentation experience edutaining enough for the right audience.
After we have completed ACT 1, we will know much more about our audience so that we can move on to ACT 2 where we will discuss the purpose of our speech and then we will create the content in ACT3 and then we will create the slides in ACT 4.
In Act 5 and beyond we will discuss having even more confidence and the optimal delivery of our speech, planning and practicing for the big day and then we will discuss 25 different types of presentations or public speaking engagements and how to use more than 10 different types of presentation software products, which will be fun! Thanks
Learn more from the full courseThe Complete Presentation and Public Speaking/Speech Course
From page to stage; learn everything you need to know about giving a great speech for business & personal presentations.
15:53:27 of on-demand video • Updated July 2021
- #1 Best Selling Presentation Skills Course on Udemy!
- Deliver an Unforgettable Presentation Experience: We will discuss how to deliver your masterpiece + using the best body language.
- Create Incredible Content: We will thoroughly cover what to include in your speech (MANY ways to start it, end it and how to structure it with more than 50 presentation templates that you can download and use).
- Make Unbelievable Slides: We will discuss making incredible slides using many proven examples and more than 10 software applications/resources (assumes you have no experience in any of the presentation or image applications that we will discuss). More than 50 presentation templates are attached that you can use (made just for this course so that you can work smarter and not harder).
- Be More Prepared than Anyone for Your Speech: How to prepare and be aware so you can deliver a perfect presentation (based on my 25 years of giving speeches/presentations/public speaking).
- Impress Your Audience: We will identify with the audience (your customer/target market).
- Increase Your Confidence When Presenting: We will learn how to be in peak confidence mode! : )
- Learn Appearance Secrets from Professional Television/Movie Stars: What to wear + nutrition tips and more.
- Answer ANY Question During Your Speech Q&A Session: How to ace the Q&A session of your speech.
- Meet/Beat the Goal(s) of Your Speech: We begin with the end goal in mind of your speech.
- Post Presentation To Dos: We will ensure that your speech goals are met.
- 25 Presentation Guides: Use 25 speech guides for 25 different types of speeches.
- Additional Resources to Help You Work Smarter and Not Harder: Additional materials to help you work smarter and not harder.
- ....plus much more; please look at the course lectures/course outline for more details. Thanks