How Does a Camera Work?
How does a camera work? This is the first step to understanding how to take better photos.
At its core, photography is about capturing light. Your camera can see bright light, and if there’s an absence of light. It can see colors too!
That light goes into your camera through the lens, which has an aperture inside, an opening that lets in the light. The light passes through the camera’s shutter which in many cameras opens when you press the ‘shutter release’ button to let light in… and the light hits your camera’s sensor, where it is digitally captured and saved as an image.
While digital photography is a lot easier than photographing with film, the process is still the same. And as one of the most important inventions of all time, we’re excited to have you in this class to learn even more.
Learn more from the full coursePhotography Masterclass: A Complete Guide to Photography
The Best Online Professional Photography Class: How to Take Amazing Photos for Beginners & Advanced Photographers
23:24:40 of on-demand video • Updated February 2021
- You will know how to take amazing photos that impress your family and friends
- You will know how the camera truly works, so you can take better photos using manual settings
- You will know how to photograph in different scenarios like family portraits, landscapes, aerial, product, wildlife, and much more
- You will know how to compose images beautifully with basic photography rules
- You will know how to light your subjects with flash and natural lighting
- You will know how to edit your photos like a professional
- You will know how to make money with photography
- You will know how to take better photos with your smart phones