Hi! I'm Sarah Jensen.
I am the founder & main facilitator of Self Space, providing a range of courses, programs & coaching sessions to cultivate wellbeing (especially working with mindfulness, meditation & self awareness.)
Here is my story...
My working life began as a young woman craving travel and experience. I worked for nine years as a nanny/governess in Central Europe. Following this I started my own Recruitment Agency based in Switzerland supplying nannies to English families.
In 2006 I started experiencing some anxiety for the first time in my life. It took me awhile of just living with it and then I started to look at ways to manage it and ultimately, get rid of the anxious thoughts! This led me into the world of some great teachers such as Eckhart Tolle & Jon Kabat Zinn (leaders in mindfulness and mastering ones thoughts).
In 2012 I returned 'home' to England and began to reassess my life. I rekindled my passion for working in the wellbeing field. I had just hit 40 and thought “Do I want to do what I'm doing for the rest of my life?" The answer was “Definitely Not!"
Shortly after this I sold my recruitment business. This allowed me the luxury to take two years off to study and discover more about myself.
One thing I realised during my time 'off' was that if you give people time and space, they can discover who they are and what they want, they can work on themselves and heal themselves often just by changing the way they think about things. This was my inspiration for 'Self Space' which was formed in April 2014…and continues to grow…as do I…
- 2003 – Diet & Nutrition Diploma – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2004 – Life Skills Coaching (Level 3) – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2013 – Life Skills Coaching Advanced (Level 4) – Stonebridge Associated Colleges
- 2014 – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program – Guildford Meditation
- 2014 – Continued Mindful Practice & supervision with Guildford Meditation
- 2014 – Meditation Teacher Training – BSY (British School of Yoga)
- 2016 - Practical Philosophy - 10 week course
Member of Association for Coaching® (AC), Hand Picked Therapists (Surrey & Hampshire), The Slow Food Org UK