Sam has been trading since 2007. Sam is an ex-army officer and he holds a masters in Leadership. In 2008 Sam joined one of the top 10 Global Forex brokerages, where he worked in both Australia and Singapore. Since then he started a share investing business, SpoonFed Investor and Forex trading business FX Renew.
Heavily influenced by the Market Wizards, the following are five of Sam’s core beliefs on trading:
- Entries give you an edge but position-sizing is how you achieve your trading objectives
- It’s how you trade the market after you enter that matters
- Work on your belief structure first. It will change everything
- Mistakes kill trading systems, so learn to be in the zone and be mistake free
- Trading is 100% psychology, as everything from placing a trade to developing systems is about the quality of your decisions.
Sam’s trading style is rules based discretionary. He looks to define the market type and direction using fundamentals and technicals, and then uses price action to stalk an low risk/high reward entry across time frames.