Robb Montgomery is a speaker, consultant and best-selling author for mobile journalism.
Since 2005, Montgomery has trained more than 10,000 storytellers in mobile journalism and design thinking and consults on mobile video for clients worldwide. Most recently for:
RFE/RL, CNN, Reuters, TVN, Channel News Asia, Mediacorp, VRT, MTV3, VN Express, SPH, Agora, APA, and 24SATA.
British Cycling, Irish Broadcast Authority, IREX, SOHO House, WAN-IFRA, and the Institute of Physics.
University of London (SOAS), Stockholm University, Danish School of Journalism, FH Wien (Vienna), EFJ (Paris), Michigan State University, and the University of Notre Dame.
• As a consultant he coaches journalists to develop mobile video projects and as a design-thinking expert, he leads internal teams at media companies to rapidly develop actionable prototypes and new products.
• As a journalism educator, he authors and produces diploma courses on mobile journalism at FH Vienna Journalism School, EFJ Journalism School (Paris) and the Danish School of Journalism.
• Montgomery previously served as an editorial art director for the Chicago Tribune, Page One editor for the Chicago-Sun-Times, and has redesigned several major newspapers including the Chicago Sun Times and the San Francisco Examiner.
• His work with the investigative journalism team at the Sun-Times won him recognition at the Peter Lisagor awards and he has been awarded top honors in Society of News Design competitions since 1992.
• Developing mobile journalism workshops
• Leading prototyping workshops for new product development