Corporate Recruiter, Job Hunting Instructor, and Author
I love helping people get their dream jobs.
MY AREAS OF PASSION:
As a corporate recruiter for a Fortune 100 company, I've made hiring decisions for hundreds of jobs over the past 18 years. I've seen amazing candidates, and I've seen candidates who struggle to get the jobs they want. I love helping talented people navigate the hiring process in ways that only an insider truly can.
As a job hunting instructor, I've created courses to help people successfully get their dream jobs. I've taught hundreds of students in some of the top universities in the United States. Whether those students are still in college or in continuing education classes, I enjoy helping them get their next big jobs.
As an author, I've published 3 books about job hunting. Those books include easy-to-follow instructions for all aspects of the job search process. I've included the best of those tips in my online courses. I hope the information in those courses is a helpful for you as it has been for the thousands of people who have read my books.
MY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
I support students in all aspects of the job hunting process. My training sessions include:
• Building Your Targeted Job Search Strategy to identify the best career field, companies, and jobs for you
• Customizing Your Resume to get through the screening software that companies use to select the candidates they'll interview for job openings
• Developing Your Interview Skills to successfully answer the most commonly asked interview questions
• Performing in Interviews so you'll get offers for the jobs you want
• Using LinkedIn to get noticed by recruiters who hire for top jobs
I earned an undergraduate degree in business from Montana State University and an MBA with an emphasis in marketing from the University of Michigan. I have worked in a Fortune 100 company for 18 years helping them find talented employees and market their products.
I am a passionate lifelong learner, and I frequently take classes related to the latest techniques in the areas of job hunting, marketing, and video production.