Mostafa Ayesh, M.Sc.
PhD Student, Analog Mixed IC Designer and a Former Lecturer
Thanks to all the students, my online courses start getting 1950+ students in my first week on Udemy!
Fall '19: Teaching Assistant of EE536A: Analog IC Design Course, USC.
Summer '18: Joined Skyworks inc. as an Analog-Mixed IC Design Intern.
Fall '17 - Present: Joined USC as a fellow PhD student and a research assistant.
Spring '17: Earned my M.Sc. degree in Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering from Ain Shams University, Egypt. Finished my thesis "A Low-Power High-Speed ADC-Based Equalizer for Serial Links".
Fall '15 - Spring '17: Joined Silicon Vision, Synopsys Inc. as an analog-mixed IC design engineer.
Fall '13 - Fall '15: Started working as a research assistant in Integrated Circuits Lab (ICL), Ain Shams University.
Fall '13 - Spring '17: Worked as a full-time lecturer at Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. During this time, I taught different classes to 2200+ on-campus students.
Spring '13: Earned my B.Sc. degree in Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering from Alexandria University, Egypt. I got the first rank among the 380-student class. Graduation project was "High‐Speed Serial Link Transceiver for 10Gbase‐KR Standard Using a 65‐nm CMOS Process".
Some of the University-courses I taught before are:
Solid State Physics, Microprocessor I, Microprocessor II, Semiconductor Devices, Circuits II, Logic and Digital Design, Electronics I, Electronics II, Analog IC Design and Digital IC Design. For the labs, I was responsible for: Microprocessor LAB - Solid State Physics LAB - Digital IC Design LAB - Electronics II LAB - Digital Logic Design LAB.
My research interests include Low-Power Analog-Mixed IC Design especially ADCs and DACs, High-Speed Serial Links, Power Management ICs and Data analysis and statistics.
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of CICC 2019 Student Travel Grant Award.
- Awarded the Annenberg Fellowship, August 2017.
- Nominated for the 2017 best MSc. thesis in Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University.
- A recipient of a full scholarship throughout M.Sc. studies. (2013-2016)
- The third-place award in the M.Sc. Forum of the 2015 IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits, and Systems (ICECS 2015) for my Master’s work: “A Low-Power High-Speed Charge-Steering ADC-Based Equalizer for Serial Links”
- The distinction with an honors degree, B.Sc. EECE (2013)
- The First rank over a 335-successful-student class, Electronics, and electrical communications branch, Electrical engineering department, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. (2013)
- A recipient of Alexandria University annual academic distinction award. (2009-2013)
- Third Rank among a 3500-student class in the first year, Faculty of Engineering, Alexandria University, Egypt. (2008)