Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu · Sil Lum Kung Fu · Wing Chun · Judo · Kickboxing · Boxing
Professor Richardson is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu first degree black belt. Has trained in martial arts for over 30 years. Trained under Master Sylvio Behring and Professor Shah Franco. Has lived in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil and trained with the likes of Professor Royler Gracie, Professor Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza, and the Gracie Tijuca Vale Tudo Team. Trained under Canadian heavyweight boxer Ken Lewkusta. Jesse Continues to train with professional fighters and world champions on daily basis.
Championships & Tournaments
• 2003 World Champion Absolute Division Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
• 2003-2005 World Cup Bronze Medalist in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
• 1998-99 Tiger Balm International Champion
• Former Professional Mixed Martial Arts fighter (MFC, Roadhouse Rumble, UCC)
• Many other international and national titles in Multiple Disciplines
Experience & Accomplishments
• 15 years of teaching experience in multiple martial arts disciplines
• Second Degree Black Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
• Brown belt Judo
• Black belt (Sil Lum Kungfu)
• Black belt ( Lung ying foo huk Pai – Toisonese Dragon System)
• Black belt (Wing Chun)
• 15 years kickboxing (3 amateur fights)
• Muay Thail Training (3 fights modified – amateur)
• Level 1 Astanga Yoga Instructor
• 2 years teaching office safety training (Toronto Metro Police Services)
For the first time in history, one of Mestre Sylvio Behring’s awarded professors has created his own interpretation to the Progressive System for the world to see!
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art that teaches the smaller, weaker individual to defend themselves against larger, stronger opponents. Through the teaching methodology of the Progressive System you will build a strong foundation for the principles and techniques of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
The BJJ Progressive System was developed and created by Mestre Sylvio Behring. Mestre Behring created the progressive system as a teaching tool to help develop the foundations of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Self-defence for the beginner to the most advanced. The Progressive System is a world-wide awakening to this one of a kind teaching methodology.
Two of the greatest minds in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today, both Mestre Sylvio Behring and Professor Shah Franco have passed their knowledge onto one of their top students and teachers, Professor Jesse Richardson.
Professor Jesse Richardson, co-founder of Matador Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu has now taken this invaluable knowledge of the Progressive System and has evolved it once again to a new level of understanding and teaching methodology.
This teaching methodology of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu can be used with the traditional gi, no-gi or with normal street clothes. Featured in this course are basic modifications and variations that you can apply to almost every situation in self defense or sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.