Angela Tian Zhu
Traditional Chinese Practitioner & Tai Chi QiGong Instructor
Angela Tian Zhu
I was born in Beijing and followed in the footsteps of her grandfather, father and mother to become a third generation Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner. For more than 35 years I have practised in China, Bosnia, Croatia, Sweden and has been in practice and teaching in Australia since 1992. I have taught at Sydney TCM College, University of NSW, NIDA and Confucius College. Now I am practising Acupuncture, teaching Medical Qi Gong and Tai Chi and giving workshops, especially for Mental Health and Senior Programmes.
I have been involved with Mental Health Month, R U Ok day and senior festival for the past years with a different councils, libraries, community colleges, etc. I also have been teaching Qi Gong / Tai Chi for the patients at Campbelltown Mental Hospital.
I am a mother of two children’s and one of them have a cerebral palsy and I was a single mother for 10 years.
I also had a depression and I was seeing psychologist, and did my Tai Chi/Qi Gong every day to overcame my depression. Now I still do it every day.
Being senior for myself and with that experience, I really understand and passionate about helping community to help people to have a quality of life.
· Third generation Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner.
· Member of Australian Traditional Medicine Society.
· Qi Gong and Tai Chi Instructor, accredited by Kung Fu Wushu NSW Inc.
· Campbell town Hospital Mental Health Unit
· University of New South Wales
· NIDA (National Institute of Dramatic Art)
· Federal Court of Australia
· Nature Care College
· Schizophrenia NSW
· Kincoppal Rose Bay
· Local Councils and Libraries
· Cancer Council
· WEA (Workers Education Association)
· Mosman Community College
· North Sydney Community Centre
· Waverton Senior Hub