Ubuntu Web Development Setup
- Install Ubuntu 16.04
Install development environments for Ruby, Rails, Nodejs, PHP and Meteor
Install Atom, Brackets, Visual Studio Code or Sublime Text
- Install Oh My Zsh
- How to install VirtualBox
Learn how to set up the Ubuntu 16.04 operating system for web development.
- install Ubuntu in VirtualBox
- set up a development environment for Ruby on Rails, Node.js, and XAMPP
- set up code editors: Atom, Brackets, Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text
- how to install the Oh My Zsh shell framework
- how to install the Prezto shell framework
This course is useful for those who want to learn Linux, including the basics like how to install programs through repositories, or download the installation package from a website, and how to check and install drivers.
Then, we will walk through how to set up a development environment for Ruby on Rails, Nodejs and PHP.
We will install a number of code editors, and also the Oh My Zsh shell framework.
At the end, you will have a complete system for working and experimenting in.
- Anyone interested in using Linux for web development