Radio Frequency For Wi-Fi Administrators
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- RF math
RF power measurement
- Link budgets
- Free space path loss
- Outdoor Wi-Fi deployments
- There are no specific prerequisites except a willingness to learn!
This course is one of the first steps in understanding the wonderful, exciting, and ever-growing world of Wi-Fi. The most distinctive difference between wired and wireless networking is the physical layer. While we take the wire for granted, radio frequency (RF) is anything but absolute.
This course isn't narrated PowerPoints. It's me in my favorite place to teach, in front of a whiteboard, explaining difficult topics in such a way that you will understand them.
Whether you are looking to achieve your CWNA certification or just learn all about Wi-Fi, this course is for you. While you don't need any books to go with this course, if you want a great Wi-Fi book I highly recommend the CWNA study guide by Dave Coleman and David Wescott. There are multiple versions so make sure you get the latest. Even if you aren't looking to get certified this is the best Wi-Fi book you can own. Plus, it will help you with other Wi-Fi courses by me!
- Whether you are new to Wi-Fi or have been working with it for some time, you are bound to get a lot out of this course. Understanding RF is foundational to understanding the increasingly complicated world of Wi-Fi.