By the end of this course:-
How this course is structured
This course follows a strategy of theory & practice.
It's not just a series of videos of me talking but a combination of lectures & practical exercises designed to cement your knowledge as you go along.
Each section is about 1hr long and split about 60% lectures and 40% a practical exercise for you to complete.
Who are you?
Perhaps you are a front end developer who's keen to add backend knowledge call themselves a full stack.
Perhaps you are an entrepreneur who wants to quickly build an MVP without wasting valuable time coding up a backend from scratch.
Knowledge of git and node would be ideal, but if you don't have any then we have some links in the appendix to the course where you will learn both how to setup these tools and the basics of how to use them.
So feel free to look through the course description, preview any of the lectures and I look forward to seeing you on the inside!
Over 15 years experience working for clients such as the European Space Agency and Google, regular conference speaker and published author.
Wrote my first program in 1988, my first website in 1996, earned a 1st Class Degree in Computer Science in 2000 and now 15 years later I own a digital agency in London called Bubblegum specialising in building complex web & mobile applications in AngularJS/Node/Django and IonicFramework.
As well as building applications for awesome clients word-wide, through Udemy i'm now following my dream of teaching other passionate developers like myself what I know through my company CodeCraft.
# What do I believe?
- I believe as a developer at it's heart, your job is to make the lives of other people more productive, that's what computing is all about.
- So if you yourself are not 100% focussed on making your own development as productive as possible then it doesn't bode well for your clients.
# What are my values?
- I'm 100% focused on practical development skills.
- I don't waste peoples time.
- I value my time and I value yours.
- I'm driven to be the most productive developer I can possibly be. I don't get caught up in philosophical debates.
- I value shipping “correct" functionality as fast as possible for myself and my clients.
If those are your values as well them you will love my courses.
If you want to sip your skinny decaf soya latte whilst discussing the pros and cons of different naming conventions for 3 hours then look somewhere else, if you want to learn how to ship functionality as fast as possible for yourself and your clients, these courses are for you.