Course Intro and Overview
With so many digital currency options available now and a new Initial Coin Offering (ICO) being offered weekly we are witnessing a new era in payment and development options. You now can transact instantly and at such a low cost that using the traditional payment methods may not be needed. Simply, put Dash is a viable option for a digital currency that has a solid following and a management team second to none.
Dash (formerly known as Darkcoin and XCoin) is an open source peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that offers instant transactions (InstantSend), private transactions (PrivateSend) and token fungibility. It was rebranded from "Darkcoin" to "Dash" on March 25, 2015, a portmanteau of "Digital Cash."
What you will Master in this course. Dash
This course will introduce the Dash crypto currency technicals and how to trade Dash. We will also cover what a master node is and how to use advanced services like PrivateSend and InstantSend. This course will cover areas from the history of Dash and how it came from the Bitcoin Protocol and added a second tier to its network to enhance services especially around efficiency and privacy.
Lastly, we will cover how to find out more about Dash, trade Dash (Buy/Sell) and cover some exchanges that support Dash. Remember, Dash is Digital Cash.
1. Instructor Introduction - Joseph Holbrook - Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP)
2. Dash Course Overview
3, What is Dash - Its Digital Cash?
4. History of Dash
5. What is a Blockchain?
6. Lets Compare Dash vs Bitcoin
7. Dash Masternodes.
8. Demo - More on Masternodes
9. Dash Services (Dash PrivateSend and Dash InstantSend)
10. Dash Treasury
11. Trading Dash
12. Dash Core Development
13. Dash Evolution
Hello, I am Joe Holbrook your course instructor. Ive been an avid Crypto Currency Trainer and also investor/Trader. My goal is to teach everything you need to know to ensure if you look at Dash as an investment you will have a good unbiased overview.
Dash is Digital Cash.. Lets cover what we will learn in this course. This course is the first comprehensive course about Dash.
Dash is the first privacy centric cryptographic currency based on the work of Satoshi Nakamoto. In this paper we propose a series of improvements to Bitcoin resulting in a decentralized, strongly anonymous cryptocurrency,with tamper proof instant transactions and a secondary peertopeer
network incentivized to provide services to the Dash Network. Dash is Digital Cash and aims to be the next Paypal.
Lets understand what Dash is and how Dash came about. Brief History of where Dash came from and the leadership.
What is a Blockchain. Lets talk about this.
“The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.”
Don & Alex Tapscott, authors Blockchain Revolution (2016)
Lets compare Dash to Bitcoin. Its important to understand the differences. Both are ways to trade value but the networks are very different.
Many people believe that Bitcoin is always going to be on top of digital currencies, because it was the first currency of its kind to take hold, and it now has an established market cap. It’s true, Bitcoin is the only case of a widespread, functioning blockchain. However, Bitcoin is not without its problems, the most important of which is user experience. Lets understand how Dash solves some of these problems.
Dash Masternodes are computers that run a dash wallet and make decisions, such as locking transactions with InstantSend, coordinate mixing of coins, and voting on budget funding. Masternodes are required to have 1000 Dash collateral, a dedicated IP address, and be able to run 24 hours a day without a more than a 1 hr connection loss. Masternodes get paid 45% of the block reward on every block, which is distributed to masternodes one at a time. Typically, around 2 dash is paid to each masternode every 7 days.
Genesis Mining and Bitcoin Mining. Masternode Hosting.
Dash Treasury. Where you can submit a proposal.
Learn where to buy and sell Dash. Learn where you can research Dash and other cryptos.
Quiz about how well you understand how Dash works and basic Crypto Currency terms
Joseph Holbrook(Certified Bitcoin Professional) CBP
Technical Cloud Instructor & Active Crypto Currency Investor
Joe Holbrook is based out of Jacksonville, Florida. A small hick town on the northern border of Florida. Joe has lived and worked in cities such as Boston, San Jose, San Diego, Washington, DC and Charleston, SC.
Joe is an avid traveler and has been in over 42 countries... He is married with one child.
Joseph Holbrook has been in the computer field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems on board a US Navy flagship. He has migrated from UNIX world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and Enterprise Virtualization and Cloud Architecture. He worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR, Brocade, HP, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis dot net, Chematch dot com, SAIC, Signature Consultants, Global Knowledge and Dimension Data
* Over 10+ years hands on experience with Storage, Security, Networking, Cloud and Virtualization technology as a Professional Services Lead/Pre-Sales Engineer
* Pre-Sales Engineer for major storage vendors which I designed over $26 million in mid –tier and enterprise storage, IT Security, Cloud and Data Center Networking deals.
* Proven Leadership with technical teams in mega Meta SAN designs and implementations over 12 petabytes(Government and Financial) * Published Brocade sponsored author in two EMC Proven Professional Knowledge Sharing Competitions.
* People focused, Deep expertise, highly regarded, proven projects and sales object focused around Enterprise Cloud and Service Provider Architectures.
He currently is a Subject Matter Expert/Technical Trainer specializing in Enterprise Cloud and IT Security focused on Google Cloud and AWS.
Joe has over 90 Certifications and Accreditations. Some of them are as follows
* Certified AWS Amazon Web Services -SysOps Administrator Associate
* Brocade Certified Fabric Professional (BCFP)
* Brocade Certified SAN Manager (BCSM)
* Brocade Certified SAN Designer (BCSD)
* Brocade Certified Fabric Designer (BCFD)
* Brocade Certified FCOE Professional (BCFCOEP)
* Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE)
* Brocade Accredited Server Connectivity Specialist (BASCS)
* Brocade Accredited Data Center Specialist (BADCS)
* Brocade Accredited FCOE Professional (BAFCOEP)
* Brocade Distinguished Architect (BDA)
* CompTIA Cloud Essentials
* CompTIA Cloud +
* CompTA IT Fundamentals
* CompTIA Project+
* ComTIA Network +
* CompTIA Security +
* CompTIA Advanced Security Professional (CASP)
* CompTIA CTT+ Essentials
* Google Cloud Platform – Cloud Architect (GCP)
* Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HDNAS) HNAS * Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HDSCI) Modular and Enterprise * Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional (HDSCP) Modular and Enterprise
* HIPPAA Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA)
* Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) Certified Architect (Business Continuity)
* NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
* NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) Backup & Recovery
* NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) SAN
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Expert (SCSN-E) (World Wide Achiever)
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Professional (SCSN-P)
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Architect (SCSN-A)
* EMC Proven Professional SAN (EMCPP)
* EMC Business Partner Systems Engineer Technologies 2014 Accredition
* EMC VBlock Systems Foundation Associate
* EMC Proven Professional - Big Data Associate (EMCBDA)
* EMC Proven Professional – Technical Architect – VNX (EMCTA)
* EMC Proven Professional - Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
* EMC Proven Professional - Cloud Architect Expert Level Certification (EMCCE).
* McData Certified Storage Management Professional (CMSP)
* Nutanix Platform Sales Representative – NPSR
* Nutanix Platform Sales Specialist – NPSS
* Nutanix Platform Sales Engineer Certification NPSE
* Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP)
* HP ExpertONE HP0-J49 Designing and Implementing HP Cloud Solutions using HP 3PAR
* HP ExpertONE HP AIS - Network Infrastructure .
* HP ExpertONE HPCT- HP Certified Trainer
* HP ExpertONE HP AIS – StorageWorks Integration 
* HP ExpertONE HP ASE – StorageWorks Integration 
* Intelisys Certfied Professional - Cloud Computing Solutions.
* ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management V3
* ITIL Practioner Certificate in IT Service Management V3
* Six Sigma Certified Green Belt
* VmWare Sales Professional (VSP) - Cloud Provider (CP)
* VmWare Technical Sales Professional (VSP) - Cloud Provider (CP)
* Veeam Sales Professional
* Veeam Technical Sales Professional
* VCPC510-VMware Certified Professional - Cloud-ENU
He is also an avid cryptocurrency technical trader and Dash/Ethereum/Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ripple enthusiast. Your can his Youtube channel as well for more information.
Joe is a Certified Bitcoin Professional. (CBP) and is a Blockgeeks course developer as well.
Joe currently has been trading in Cryptos and has also been developing new training for his viewer base.
Feel free to reach out with any suggestion and feedback.
My goal is to provide you with the most updated content so if you see anything that should be reviewed please contact me.
I wish you great fortunes on your Altcoin investing and trading and also your Cloud careers as well...
The Cloud Tech Guy