Find online courses made by experts from around the world.
Take your courses with you and learn anywhere, anytime.
Learn and practice real-world skills and achieve your goals.
This class is taught via nearly 2.5 hours of full professional filmed HD video, featuring crisp lighting and crystal clear audio. The course is divided into 18 organized and easy-to-follow sections. International award-winning photographer Dan Salvo will help both beginners and advanced photographers alike as he explains:
- Seeing your world like a true photographer
- The 4 big things that separate a photographer from the owner of a camera
- The 7 elements of technique that can make a photo amazing when used properly
- The technical camera settings that you actually need to know, presented in a way that actually makes sense (no thanks to your camera manual!), including exposure, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO
- Lenses, variable apertures lenses, bokeh, depth of field, camera shake, motion blur, and ISO noise
- The manual modes of your camera
- Dan's Order of Operations, a easy and simple workflow that Dan uses every time he shows up to capture a photograph in a new environment.
As a full time professional photographer and educator, Dan has taught this Part 1 class for nearly 3 years at his studio, reaching over 1000 students with 100% positive feedback. Now you can experience why it’s been such a hit by accessing the full course online.
The course includes a PDF of notes that you can follow along with and Dan touches on each point along the way.
Although DSLRs will be the primary focus of our training, any digital camera with manual controls will be sufficient for this course.
Not for you? No problem.
30 day money back guarantee.
Learn on the go.
Desktop, iOS and Android.
Certificate of completion.
|Section 1: The Photographer|
Dan’s background, important disclaimers, and "garbage in, garbage out".Preview
Learn to see your world like a true photographer as Dan describes the 4 key differences that separate a photographer from the owner of a piece of equipment.
|Section 2: The Technique|
Depth of FieldPreview
|Section 3: The Tech Stuff|
Aperture and Shutter Speed
Lenses and Aperture
Creating Shallow Depth of Field
Shutter Speed and the Two Kinds of Blur
Effects of ISO
The 4 "Manual" Modes
Who Chooses What Settings in Each Mode
Choosing the Correct Mode and the Order of Operations
Dan is an award winning photographer and owner of Dazzle Photography, film producer and creative director at DP Studios, photography educator at Dazzle Training, musician, husband, father, and pizza enthusiast. He's one of the most active Spider Holster Ambassadors and has taught his photography curriculum for nearly 4 years. He has created over 300 films in the past 3 years, taught over 1000 photography students, and photographed events and weddings both in and out of the United States.