Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager
I was a Plant Engineer Maintenance Manager for thirty years at some of the Largest companies in America. I received my training in the military as a Gunner's Mate learning electronics and hydraulics and went on from there. I was Responsible for capital projects of enormous scale, I have built entire Plants, designed Machinery launched new products. I started my first civilian job as the Maintenance manager and entire maintenance department of an injection molding plant. I know the hands-on as well as the management. Some Accomplishment are as follows:
• Designed and built a custom manufacturing cell that increased frac packer production four times utilizing the same number of employees and adding 12 million dollars a year to the plant bottom line..
• Responsible for Capital projects and budgets.
• Responsible engineering and layout of the facility.
• Responsible for Maintenance budget and parts: purchasing as well as inventory.
• Responsible for all aspects of plant maintenance including required state and federal inspections.
• Responsible for plant safety and engineering safety devices.
• Responsible for the creation of instrumentation to enhance processes and cut costs.
• Responsible for the management of the maintenance crew as well as troubleshooting, redesigning, rebuilding and reprogramming of plant machinery.
• Responsible for managing the tool & mold repair shop.
• Member of the Lean Management Team.
• Responsible for the creation and implementation of a preventive maintenance system.
• Designed and built a custom oil recycling system saving $100,000.00 per annum.
• Instituted utility saving programs saving $5,000.00 per month.
• Experience with as well as the implementation of Total Preventive Maintenance system.
• Experience with CAD.
• Experience with Hydraulics, Pneumatics, Electronics, Custom machine design, Boilers, Mixers, Tool shop management, Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Thermoset Molding, Compression molding, Welding, Instrumentation, PLC’s,
• AC/DC Drives, HVAC, Plumbing, Steam Plants, Electrical installations, Facilities management, Power management, Fleet maintenance.