Glenn Hughes is an award-winning author, photographer, trainer, and facilitator.
As Senior Director of Learning & Development at KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, Glenn oversees KLA-Tencor's Corporate Learning Center (CLC).
KLA-Tencor was recognized in 2008 as a charter member of TRAINING Magazine's "Training Top 10 Hall of Fame" after placing in the world's Top 10 Training Organizations for 5 consecutive years.
Glenn is also the founder of SMART as Hell, a company that helps individuals and organizations 'change their world one goal at a time'. SMART as Hell researches and shares tools and best practices in goal writing and achievement - including the groundbreaking "SMARTometer", a tool for measuring the effectiveness of goals.
While living in Asia for more than 10 years, Glenn worked with many of the largest electronics companies in the world while managing multi-million dollar operations in China, Singapore, and Japan.
Glenn holds a Master's Degree in Adult Education and Training and a Bachelor's Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology. His instruction design credits include:
- Duarte Design's "slide:ology" workshop
- Group Harmonics' "Make Work Great" workshop
- Power Speaking's "Speaking Up" workshop and web-based training
- Robert Thompson's "The Offsite: A Leadership Simulation"
- The Thiagi Group's "Practical Advice Cards" series
Glenn is co-Author of "Photo Jolts! Image-based Activities that Increase Clarity, Creativity, and Conversation".
- The International Association of Facilitator's Facilitation Impact Award: Glenn received two 2013 Facilitation Impact Awards from the International Association of Facilitators, recognizing the world-class results that he and his clients have achieved.
- ISPI's 2014 Award of Excellence: Outstanding Human Performance Communication: for "Photo Jolts! Image-based Activities that Increase Clarity, Creativity, and Conversation".
Glenn is a frequent speaker at international conferences such as:
- ASTD (the American Society for Training and Development)
- ISPI (the International Society for Performance Improvement)
- Lakewood's TRAINING Conferences
- IAF (the International Association of Facilitators)
- NASAGA (the North American Simulation and Game Association)
- Fort Hill's Learning Transfer Conference