Audio guy, video creator and online entrepreneur.
- - Professional audio writer/journalist, currently writing for Envato Tuts+ (13 million readers per month)
- - Popular teacher on Udemy in topics related to audio (including voice recording and audio for video) with 565+ reviews.
- - 1st Class Degree in Audio Production from The University of Kent
- - Worked in a large range of studios in London over the years, both as an professional engineer and musician
- - Got my first studio internship at the age of 14
- - Recording at home for over 11 years. Built my own professional studio.
- - Avid Certified Pro Tools 11 User (Avid’s official Pro Tools certification, it ain’t cheap!)
- - Founder of www.homestudiocenter.com, an online learning resource for musicians and home recordists with over 7,014 subscribers.
Wanderluster and jack of all trades (master of some).
I've worked in a range of recording studios, live venues and film sets as both a musician and sound technician. I have also worked in numerous large venues as an audio-visual engineer and lighting designer.
I've worked with (and been taught by) boom operators and sound recordists that have worked on large budget feature films (such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Clash of the Titans, Layer Cake, Shaun of the Dead, World War Z) and popular TV shows (such as Ricky Gervais' Extras and Gavin & Stacey). They in turn learned from some of the top Hollywood sound guys and legends!
I now spend most of my teaching and freelancing from my home studio in London, England.
I currently hold a First Class BSc Degree in Audio Design and Production from the University of Kent and I'm an Avid Certified Pro Tools 11 User.