Count Function in Visual Basic (VBA)
Learn to use the Count function using Excel VBA and CommandButtons! We'll use a small data set to count how many cells are numeric using Application.WorksheetFunction.Count, or total number of cells that are not blank using CountA function. The cool thing about this approach is there's no formula to be overwritten or updated, just a static number thanks to Visual Basic in Excel!
Learn more from the full courseThe Ultimate Excel Programmer Course
Learn Excel VBA from Scratch with Dan Strong, Bestselling Excel Expert with Over 180K Students Worldwide!
12:31:31 of on-demand video • Updated August 2020
- Automate and Customize data entry forms
- Choose the right Loop for each task
- Master the CELLS and RANGE objects in multiple scenarios
- Create multiple Variable styles to match your need
- Customize your VBA Editor and Understand all the Toolbars and options
- Debug and Troubleshoot code like a boss!
- Record, Modify or Write Macros from scratch
- Make Custom Formulas/Functions on the fly
- Breeze through IF THEN statements and conquer all the Logical Operators
- Batch out inter-active MessageBoxes, InputBoxes and give users CHOICES!
- Generate Basic Reports that can be printed
- Add filters to report menus to narrow the records
- Take control of forms, Buttons, Drop-down menus, Checkboxes and option buttons AND so much more. . .
- Trigger code from a number of different methods - from Clicking on a cell - to De-Selecting a worksheet.
- Set up Special Commands when a workbook: Opens or closes, is selected, any cell or certain cells are selected, right before printing, etc. . .
- Manipulate Userforms for data entry, report generation, editing tables/databases - ALL within your control. Restrict the flow of data OR make the Userform(s) responsive, calculating, INTUITIVE.
- Streamline your work and the work of others.
- Put Excel ON AUTOPILOT. . .