A Deciduous tree in full leaf.
This is a model you can use when it comes to painting deciduous trees (those which lose their leaves in the winter)
I kept it simple using just sap green and raw umber with a touch of paynes grey.
A photo of the finished painting.
A photo of a deciduous tree
Learn more from the full coursePaint TREES in watercolor,easily. Video demos show you how.
Paint trees in watercolor with confidence. Clear video demos show you how to paint a variety of trees, common & exotic.
02:35:39 of on-demand video • Updated August 2019
- Learn SIMPLE and adaptable methods to paint a variety of trees in watercolour.
- Understand how to get the shape and colours to create a BELIEVABLE tree.
- Paint both deciduous and coniferous trees, some shrubs and climbers.
- Learn to use negative shapes to assist you.
- ALSO your watercolour painting CONFIDENCE will come into full leaf.
- Learn about mixing GREENS and AUTUMNAL and WINTER colours