Andrew is an avid researcher and is the founder and CEO of the world's largest community and nonprofit of youth researchers, The Helyx Initiative.
He is a 2020 ISEF Finalist, one of only 3 students with life sciences projects from San Diego to qualify. He has also been published as first author in a peer-reviewed Elsevier Journal with Impact Factor 2.9 (around top 25% of journals).
Andrew has research experience in gene expression analysis, DNA methylation, disease diagnosis, and more. He has taught at several educational research camps and programs, like Helyx's Bioinformatics Camp.
1. First author publication in Microbial Pathogenesis
2. 2020 ISEF Finalist
3. San Diego Science Fair 1st Place in Medicine/Health Sciences
4. Kaiser Permanente Award
5. IRIC Insposcience Silver Medal
6. 3 year intern at UCSD Supercomputer Center
7. Summer intern at the Scripps Institute for bioinformatics tool development
8. Founder and CEO of The Helyx Initiative