The goal of this course is to get you familiar with Litecoin and enable you to start making the right decision about trading and investing in LTC.
Litecoin (LTC or Ł) is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency and open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license. Creation and transfer of coins is based on an open source cryptographic protocol and is not managed by any central authority.
Here is what we will learn..
•What is Litecoin
•History of Litecoin
•How to compare cryptocurrency
•Litecoin Block Explorer
•How to buy Litecoin
•Development in Litecoin (Core)
Lets get started learning about LTC and Trading LTC!
Welcome aboard the Litecoin Cryptocurrency Bootcamp. I'm Joe Holbrook your host and I am looking forward to spending the next few hours getting you ramped up on Litecoin. These are exciting times in the Cryptos and i hope you can participate in these times.. Lets get started...
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world. Litecoin is an open source, global payment network that is fully decentralized. Mathematics secures the network and empowers individuals to control their own finances.
Compared to Bitcoin, Litecoin features faster transaction confirmation times (2.5 minutes) and improved storage efficiency.
With substantial industry support, trade volume, and liquidity, Litecoin is a proven medium of commerce complementary to Bitcoin. Litecoin is the second most popular cryptocurrency.
Test you knowledge before you start the course.
“The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.”
What is a Segwit
Segregated Witness is a solution created by the Bitcoin Core developers. Aka Soft fork. The general high-level idea of segwit is that the signatures in a transaction (also called the witness data) are skipped when calculating the transaction id.
So Essentially, SegWit is the process by which blocks on a blockchain are made smaller by removing signature data from Bitcoin transactions.
SegWit could potentially pave the way for technologies that expand the value proposition of cryptocurrencies.
What is a distributed ledger
•A Distributed ledger is a database held and updated independently by each node in a large network. The distribution is unique: records are not communicated to various nodes by a central authority, but are instead independently constructed and held by every node. That is, every single node on the network processes every transaction, coming to its own conclusions and then voting on those conclusions to make certain the majority agree with the conclusions.
•Once there is this consensus, the distributed ledger has been updated, and all nodes maintain their own identical copy of the ledger.
•So simply put it’s a non reputable database.
Litecoin is also known as Digital Silver. Litecoins are a virtual currency that can be used to buy and sell goods and services. All Litecoins exist purely online and don’t have a physical presence but despite that, they have a genuine value. This value is generally defined by online currency websites that trade in Litecoins and other virtual currencies.
See the Mining fees generated from Litecoin transactions. Browse the blockchain
How to buy LTC from Coinbase
How to find and download the LTC Core Wallet from litecoin.org
Send from Coinbase to your LTC Core Wallet
Download the Litecoin Blockchain Wallet here. NOTE. DO NOT EVER DOWNLOAD THE WALLET FROM ANY SITE OTHER THAN LITECOIN TO ENSURE SECURITY.
Litecoin is an open source software project released under the MIT/X11 license which gives you the power to run, modify, and copy the software and to distribute, at your option, modified copies of the software. The software is released in a transparent process that allows for independent verification of binaries and their corresponding source code.
The Association is responsible for aiding in the advancement, acceptance and general improvement of Litecoin and its resources. Any commercial inquiries regarding Litecoin should be directed to the Association.
The official Litecoin forums, containing guides on buying, selling and mining Litecoins, plus technical support and general discussions.
An informative Wikipedia style site packed with everything you would want to know about Litecoin.
Miners are currently awarded with 25 new litecoins per block, an amount which gets halved roughly every 4 years (every 840,000 blocks).
The Litecoin network is therefore scheduled to produce 84 million litecoins, which is 4 times as many currency units as Bitcoin.
See how well you grasped the content and understand Litecoin.
Joseph Holbrook(Certified Bitcoin Professional) CBP
Technical Cloud Instructor & Active Crypto Currency Investor
Joe Holbrook is based out of Jacksonville, Florida. A small hick town on the northern border of Florida. Joe has lived and worked in cities such as Boston, San Jose, San Diego, Washington, DC and Charleston, SC.
Joe is an avid traveler and has been in over 42 countries... He is married with one child.
Joseph Holbrook has been in the computer field since 1993 when he was exposed to several HPUX systems on board a US Navy flagship. He has migrated from UNIX world to Storage Area Networking(SAN) and Enterprise Virtualization and Cloud Architecture. He worked for numerous companies like HDS, 3PAR, Brocade, HP, EMC, Northrup Grumman, ViON, Ibasis dot net, Chematch dot com, SAIC, Signature Consultants, Global Knowledge and Dimension Data
* Over 10+ years hands on experience with Storage, Security, Networking, Cloud and Virtualization technology as a Professional Services Lead/Pre-Sales Engineer
* Pre-Sales Engineer for major storage vendors which I designed over $26 million in mid –tier and enterprise storage, IT Security, Cloud and Data Center Networking deals.
* Proven Leadership with technical teams in mega Meta SAN designs and implementations over 12 petabytes(Government and Financial) * Published Brocade sponsored author in two EMC Proven Professional Knowledge Sharing Competitions.
* People focused, Deep expertise, highly regarded, proven projects and sales object focused around Enterprise Cloud and Service Provider Architectures.
He currently is a Subject Matter Expert/Technical Trainer specializing in Enterprise Cloud and IT Security focused on Google Cloud and AWS.
Joe has over 90 Certifications and Accreditations. Some of them are as follows
* Certified AWS Amazon Web Services -SysOps Administrator Associate
* Brocade Certified Fabric Professional (BCFP)
* Brocade Certified SAN Manager (BCSM)
* Brocade Certified SAN Designer (BCSD)
* Brocade Certified Fabric Designer (BCFD)
* Brocade Certified FCOE Professional (BCFCOEP)
* Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE)
* Brocade Accredited Server Connectivity Specialist (BASCS)
* Brocade Accredited Data Center Specialist (BADCS)
* Brocade Accredited FCOE Professional (BAFCOEP)
* Brocade Distinguished Architect (BDA)
* CompTIA Cloud Essentials
* CompTIA Cloud +
* CompTA IT Fundamentals
* CompTIA Project+
* ComTIA Network +
* CompTIA Security +
* CompTIA Advanced Security Professional (CASP)
* CompTIA CTT+ Essentials
* Google Cloud Platform – Cloud Architect (GCP)
* Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HDNAS) HNAS * Hitachi Data Systems Certified Implementer (HDSCI) Modular and Enterprise * Hitachi Data Systems Certified Professional (HDSCP) Modular and Enterprise
* HIPPAA Certified HIPAA Privacy Associate (CHPA)
* Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) Certified Architect (Business Continuity)
* NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA)
* NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) Backup & Recovery
* NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer (NCIE) SAN
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Expert (SCSN-E) (World Wide Achiever)
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Professional (SCSN-P)
* SNIA Certified Storage Networking Architect (SCSN-A)
* EMC Proven Professional SAN (EMCPP)
* EMC Business Partner Systems Engineer Technologies 2014 Accredition
* EMC VBlock Systems Foundation Associate
* EMC Proven Professional - Big Data Associate (EMCBDA)
* EMC Proven Professional – Technical Architect – VNX (EMCTA)
* EMC Proven Professional - Cloud Infrastructure and Services Associate (EMCCIS)
* EMC Proven Professional - Cloud Architect Expert Level Certification (EMCCE).
* McData Certified Storage Management Professional (CMSP)
* Nutanix Platform Sales Representative – NPSR
* Nutanix Platform Sales Specialist – NPSS
* Nutanix Platform Sales Engineer Certification NPSE
* Nutanix Platform Professional (NPP)
* HP ExpertONE HP0-J49 Designing and Implementing HP Cloud Solutions using HP 3PAR
* HP ExpertONE HP AIS - Network Infrastructure .
* HP ExpertONE HPCT- HP Certified Trainer
* HP ExpertONE HP AIS – StorageWorks Integration 
* HP ExpertONE HP ASE – StorageWorks Integration 
* Intelisys Certfied Professional - Cloud Computing Solutions.
* ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management V3
* ITIL Practioner Certificate in IT Service Management V3
* Six Sigma Certified Green Belt
* VmWare Sales Professional (VSP) - Cloud Provider (CP)
* VmWare Technical Sales Professional (VSP) - Cloud Provider (CP)
* Veeam Sales Professional
* Veeam Technical Sales Professional
* VCPC510-VMware Certified Professional - Cloud-ENU
He is also an avid cryptocurrency technical trader and Dash/Ethereum/Bitcoin/Litecoin/Ripple enthusiast. Your can his Youtube channel as well for more information.
Joe is a Certified Bitcoin Professional. (CBP) and is a Blockgeeks course developer as well.
Joe currently has been trading in Cryptos and has also been developing new training for his viewer base.
Feel free to reach out with any suggestion and feedback.
My goal is to provide you with the most updated content so if you see anything that should be reviewed please contact me.
I wish you great fortunes on your Altcoin investing and trading and also your Cloud careers as well...
The Cloud Tech Guy