Many students struggle in secondary level Math despite doing well in primary schools. The most common reason is “My child is weak in Algebra”.
This course is designed to help your child to master Algebra. In order to do well in secondary level math, your child must be very strong in his Algebra. Algebra foundation has to be built up from Secondary 1. Many topics in later years require a strong grasp of Algebra too.
There is no shortcut to master Algebra. Practice is essential. Your child need to put in lots of practice. However, doing lots of questions is not the key. He needs to do the right types of questions. He needs to know what the different types of questions are which will appear in exams. Then your child needs to practice questions from each type until he is confident that he has mastered them.
What will you get from this course?
– Key Concepts of Each Topic
– Common Exam Questions
– Assignments at the End of Each Topic to test your child’s understanding (Lots of Questions to ensure sufficient practice)
– Unlimited lifetime access to this course, (Your child can re-watch it anytime he want)
– Support from me (You can post your question in the discussion board and I will help you)
- You can email me any algebra questions and I will help you too
– 1 lesson is broken down into a series of videos, notes and assignments.
1. Algebraic Substitution
2. Algebraic Simplification and Expansion
3. Algebraic Fractions
4. Algebraic Factorization
5. Solving Linear Equations
6. Solving Equations with Brackets
7. Solving Equations with Fractions
How to learn from this course?
Who should attend this course?
– Secondary School Students
– Parents are welcomed to learn together
Why take this course?
– Master your Algebra from Secondary 1!
– Learn at your own pace, you can re-watch the videos again to make sure you understand.
– Learn anytime and anywhere you want!
Want to learn how to excel in Secondary 1 Math? Take this course and I will show you the way!
This is an application of sequence of operations. You need to replace the letters with numbers and work out the answers.
You will learn how to simplify algebra with plus and minus.
You will learn how to simplify algebra with times and divide.
You will learn how to expand and simplify algebraic expressions.
I will show you how to simplify algebraic fractions by making them the same denominator.
This is a harder example but the method used is the same.
You will learn the meaning of factorisation and how to check your answers.
These are some simple examples of factorisation.
These are more difficult examples of factorisation.
After watching the videos, do this worksheet and apply the same techniques taught in the videos.
You will learn how to expand algebraic expressions, followed by solving the equations.
This method can only be applied when you have 2 fractions; one each side of the equation.
This is a much faster and powerful method to solve equations which involve fractions. This is very useful when you have more than 2 fractions in an equation.
This are some information about me.
- Graduated from NUS with degree in Mathematics
- Current school lecturer
- Current director of a tuiiton centre in Singapore
- More than 10 years of teaching experience
- Teach Primary, Secondary, Junior College Mathematics in Singapore
I have help many students ace their Mathematics exams. There is no short cut and secret in doing so. It is only about understanding concepts and practice.
I hope to let more students around the world have access to quality and affordable education.