Parenting: Bullying & What Parents Can Do
- 30 mins on-demand video
- 36 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to Udemy's top 3,000+ courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand bullying and its negative impact on children
Learn to identify bullying behaviour in the initial stages and prevent it from happening
Gain confidence and learn how to stand up to bullies and help those bullied
- Understand what you (parents and teachers) can do to help put an end to bullying
- Willingness to understand what is bullying and how it affects children
- Desire to protect your children and others from being bullied
Bullying is a universal issue that touches every person, family, school, or community at one time or another. It does not differentiate based on gender, age, race, religion or socio-economic level. Bullying is not only a situational playground issue either. It is a broader community health and wellness issue and its effects can last a lifetime.
We as parents want the very best for our children and want them to feel safe and accepted in their environments. We want our children to believe in themselves and be strong individuals. Parents should not have to fear sending their children to school and our children shouldn't be afraid to go to school.
The good news is that prevention of bullying through education and awareness is possible and that everyone plays a role - parents, teachers, and children.
In order to stop bullying, we need to understand the issue of bullying more deeply. We need to learn about what the world's best research is reporting, and we must be aware of practical approaches and resources that are effective.
In this course you will get an insight into what bullying is and what it does to a child. It will give you strategies and ideas on how to prevent it from happening in the first place, what to do if it is happening, and what to continue to do once a particular episode has ended.
You will discover in-depth, well organised material covering each part of bullying and even what bullying is not. The course is built around practical exercises with real world application that help you focus on improving communication with your child, their emotions and identity, and the power of inclusion.
Bullying can be stopped and it can start today.
This course is for:
- Aunts and Uncles
- Child Caretakers
- Community Workers
- Social Workers
- Sunday School Teachers
- Adults that work with children
- Those seeking early childhood education continued learning courses (This course focuses on children in kindergarten and primary school)
After completing this course, you can:
- Identify bullying behaviour and its signs
- Protect your child and others from being bullied
- Have the confidence to stand up to bullies and help other children
- Teachers who want to learn what they can do to end bullying in the classroom