- Became familiar with basic concepts and definitions
Learn about the history of the fight against discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation
Became familiar with international norms and institutions
- Learn about different public policies for the fight against discrimination
- There are no requeriments, you only need an Internet conection. The transcripts and extra material files are in PDF format.
- You don't need any background or experience in the area to take the course.
- This is not a legal course, it has some legal concepts, but they are explained in the lessons. Also, for each video we provide a glossary which you may download.
This course is also available with spanish subtitules, search for "Igualdad de Género y Diversidad Sexual" in Udemy.
From the perspective of human rights and non-discrimination, the course will touch on topics such as the history of the fight for gender equality and sexual minorities’ rights, relevant international norms and institutions, violence and other forms of discrimination, as well as public policies to promote gender equality and sexual diversity.
The complete course consists in 30 video lessons of about 12 minutes each. The course will remain available permanently at Udemy, so you may complete it at your own pace, without time limit.
Since December 31, 2018, we will NOT deliver paid virtual certificates from the Universidad Diego Portales, even if it could say the opposite in the first and last video of the course. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
- Everyone interested in issues related to gender equality and sexual minorities