The Ultimate Guide for Land Surveying with Drones - Part 3
What you'll learn
- Master end to end processes and techniques of using Ground Control Points (GCP) for Land Surveying with Drones
- Learn how to achieve pin point global accuracy in your surveying projects
- Learn about various means to capture accurate GCPs off site and on site
- Achieve a fundamental understanding of global coordinate systems and GPS
- Choose the best equipment for capturing GCP at site
- Internalize flight planning workflows with GCPs and master GCP positioning strategy
- Learn the practical aspects of GCP capture and drone flight execution via a real life project
- Skill yourself with GCP processing workflows in Pix4D
- Get clarity on differences in outputs between projects processed with and without GCPs
- Subtitles in English and Spanish
- Basic experience in drone surveying and/or completed Part 1 and Part 2 of our course series
This course is the third part of the 3 course series “The Ultimate Guide for Land Surveying with Drones”. This part covers end to end processes and techniques of using Ground Control Points (GCPs) for Land Surveying with Drones.
To obtain the highest amount of global accuracy in your drone mapping project, the most common and effective method is to use GCPs. We have detailed out all the steps involved in strategizing, capturing and processing drone survey data with GCPs.
This course is especially useful for those of you who have experience with aerial surveying and want to make your outputs absolutely survey grade by incorporating global accuracy.
The course series have over 4000 enrollments across 114 countries since it was released 10 months back.
"Great job by instructors to simplify and present the process. The workflow and demonstration of the process were of great value to me."
"Good explanation and demonstration of the process."
"Absolutely fantastic course! Along with a perfect workflow for using GCPs in an aerial survey, I learned much about the gps technology as well today :)"
"The on site video example was the clincher. Made everything so clear!"
"Interesting course. Look forward to doing the assignments."
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is passionate about drone applications!
- Anyone who wants to start a drone survey business!
- Anyone who wants to add drone surveying to their existing services!
HUVIAiR Technologies is a Visual Data Technology company. Its major investor is Boeing. Huviair collects, processes and analyses contruction and mining jobsite data using Drones, 360 Cameras, Laser Scanners and Mobile Phones helping you save on progress monitoring time by 75%, manpower requirement by 50% and overall costs of the project by 20%.
We have a deep understanding of UAVs, sensors, photogrammetry, GIS mapping, surveying techniques, image processing, data analytics and software programming.
Our cloud based productivity enhancement software platform provides measurement and reporting of relevant metrics of construction progress tracking by converting data from various sources such as drones, laser scanners and 360 cameras into actionable, measurable metrics.
Vikshut Mundkur and Arjun Janananda are the instructors for our Udemy courses. As the CEO and CTO, respectively, of HUVIAiR Technologies, they have mastered drone mapping and data processing techniques. They have also developed processes and workflows for understanding customer requirements, planning and executing drone flights, processing the data and analyzing the outputs. They have an in depth understanding of photogrammetry, surveying techniques, terrain mapping and using GIS and CAD software.
I'm an electronics engineer with a passion for technology, innovation and business! Over the past 3 years, I have developed a passion for drone technology and have co-founded a start up called Huviair Technologies in Bangalore, India. I specialize in understanding customer requirements, conceptualizing projects, planning and executing drone data capture, processing the data, analyzing the outputs and producing results. I have expertise on drone data applications for the survey, construction, infrastructure, renewable energy and natural resource management sectors.
As part of my efforts to give back to society, I also work as a pro bono consultant for the Indian Government and several not for profit organizations. Presently:
1. I am a member of the Central Employment Guarantee Council, Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
2. I am a member of the Policy Research Department of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), the present ruling political party in India.
3. I am a technology advisor to Mythri Speaks, an NGO working on various issues such as Environment, Woman & Child, Rural Development and Indigenous Sciences.
I am an engineer and the founder-CTO of Huviair Technologies. With a deep understanding of computer programming, image processing, photogrammetry, data analytics, terrain mapping, surveying techniques, and being in Drone Tech business for last 3 years, I have mastered drone surveying and data processing techniques.
Learning from practical, on the ground experience, I have developed processes and workflow for collecting customer requirements, planning and executing drone flights to capture data, using the right software to process the data and finally post processing and generating reports for clients.