This course is about Basic concepts of VLSI System Design. The course is designed in the form of micro-videos, which delivers content in the form of Info-Graphics. It is designed for self-learning and will help to polish the Industrial skills in VLSI World. This course will cover end-to-end description from basic Device Physics to Chip Design.The introductory video series focuses on the basic elemental physics and electrical characteristics of MOS Transistor.
Do visit our website: www.vlsisystemdesign.com...
Learn Advance VLSI Concepts in Our New Video Series
I received MTech Degree in Department of Electrical Engineering (EE) from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay in 2010 and specialized in VLSI Design & Nanotechnology during my 3-year tenure at IIT Bombay, from 2007 - 2010.
Corporate Life @
1) Lead Physical design and STA engineer, Qualcomm, Bangalore India, 07/2010-04/2013
2) Lead Sales Application engineer, Cadence Design systems, Bangalore India, 04/2013-01/17
Hands on with Technology @
1) MSM (mobile station mode chips) - MSM chips are used for CDMA modulation/demodulation. It consists of DSP’s and microprocessors for running applications such as web-browsing, video conferencing, multimedia services, etc.
2) Memory test chips - Memory test chips are used to validate functionality of 28nm custom/compiler memory as well as characterize their timing, power and yield.
3) DDR-PHY test chips - DDR-PHY test chips are basically tested for high speed data transfer
4) Timing and physical design Flow development for 130nm MOSFET technology node till 16nm FinFET technology node.
5) “IR aware STA” and “Low power STA”
6) Analyzed STA engine behavior for design size up to 850 million instance count
1) Research Assistant to Prof. Richard Pinto and Prof. Anil Kottantharayil on “Sub-100nm optimization using Electron Beam Lithography”, which intended to optimize RAITH-150TWO Electron Beam Lithography tool and the process conditions to attain minimum resolution, use the mix-and-match capabilities of the tool for sub-100nm MOSFET fabrication and generate mask plates for feature sizes above 500nm.
2) Research Assistant to with Prof. Madhav Desai, to characterize RTL, generated from C-to-RTL AHIR compiler, in terms of power, performance and area. This was done by passing RTL, generated from AHIR compiler, through standard ASIC tool chain like synthesis and place & route. The resulting netlist out of PNR was characterized using standard software
1) “A C-to-RTL Flow as an Energy Efficient Alternative to Embedded Processors in Digital Systems” submitted in the conference “13th Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design, Architectures, Methods and Tools, DSD 2010, 1-3 September 2010, Lille, France”
2) Concurrent + Distributed MMMC STA for 'N' views
3) Signoff Timing and Leakage Optimization On 18M Instance Count Design With 8000 Clocks and Replicated Modules Using Master Clone Methodology With EDI Cockpit
4) Placement-aware ECO Methodology - No Slacking on Slack
Online Presence - Courses on Udemy
Now, to be really successful in the field of VLSI and Semiconductors, you need to take the courses in below order:
1) VSD - Physical design flow
2) VSD - Clock tree synthesis - Part 1 & 2
3) VSD - Signal Integrity
4) VSD - Static timing analysis - Part 1 & 2 (Can be taken in between)
5) VSD - Circuit design and SPICE simulations Part 1 & Part 2 (This is the core of VLSI, so you can take it in beginning or end)
6) VLSI - Essential concepts and detailed interview guide (This course is a glimpse of all above courses, but for details of each topic, you need to take course 1) to 5).)
7) VSD - Custom Layout (Can be taken in between)
8) VSD - Library characterization and modelling - Part 1 (STA-1 and 2, Circuit design and SPICE simulations-1 and 2 are mandatory)
Connect with me for more guidance !!
Hope you enjoy the session best of luck for future !!