Young Adult Fiction Writing Workshop
What you'll learn
- Turn Your Idea Into a Young Adult Novel
- Explore What Makes Bestselling Young Adult Fiction
- Create a Premise That Sells
- Develop Real, Engaging Young Adult Characters
- Construct Your Novel Using Easy-to-follow Checkpoints
- Learn to Structure Powerful Scenes
- Explore Viewpoint and Tenses Choice That Pack a Punch
- Learn Techniques That Create Bestsellers
- Polish Your Manuscript
- Create Cover Art That Sells
- Discover Marketing Techniques That Work
- Get Published!
Young Adult Fiction is today's top-selling category. This class shows you how to turn you ideas into a bestselling novel or screenplay that will rival Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or Twilight.
Do you have a Young Adult novel idea, but aren't sure where to begin? Have you started a novel, only to get stuck? Or perhaps you've completed a first draft, but want to add the luster of professional writing?
This course is for you! Featuring lively discussions between Young Adult Fiction authors Steve and Dani Alcorn, this engaging class gives you all the tools you need to create a bestseller.
We'll reveal what makes Young Adult novels today's most exciting genre, and show you how to use the techniques of top-selling authors to create your own finished novel. Step by step, you'll learn and practice:
- What Makes Great Young Adult Fiction
- Planning Your Project
- Story Structure
- Character Building
- Viewpoints that work best for Young Adults
- Experiment with Tense
- Create a Vibrant Narrative Voice
- Build Vivid Settings
- Dialogue for Young Adults
- Beginnings and Endings
- Polishing Your Manuscript
- Cover Art that Sells Young Adult Novels
- Getting Published
- Marketing Your Work
In addition to the video lectures and panel discussions, the course includes extensive supplemental materials, featuring reference lists, exercises, checklists, and handy reference sheets.
Whether this is your first Young Adult novel or you're an experienced author looking for new techniques, Young Adult Fiction Writing Workshop has what you need to get your young adult idea published. Enroll now!
Who this course is for:
- First Time Authors of Any Age
- Published Authors Looking For Fresh Ideas
- Authors With Unfinished or Unpolished Manuscripts
Steve Alcorn is a theme park designer, author, teacher, and the founder of Writing Academy. His novels include mysteries, young adult stories, historic fiction and romance. His is also the author of How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve has helped more than 30,000 aspiring writers structure their novels, through the online learning programs of 1500 colleges and universities worldwide. Many of his students are now published authors, and you can be, too!
Dani is the author of the Young Adult novel The Last Telepath, and three screenplays:
A Quintessence of Dust, a science fiction riff on what would happen if Hamlet met Bladerunner
How to Catch an Englishman, a romantic comedy about moving overseas in search of an eligible bachelor
Do No Harm, a drama that explores the ethical choices facing a heart surgeon when her personal and professional lives collide
Dani graduated Summa Cum Laude from Northwestern University, where she majored in Psychology and Radio, Television, & Film.