Yin Yoga for Beginners - Relax your body and mind
What you'll learn
- Learn to relax naturally (without the numbing agents of drugs, television, etc.)
- How to strengthen joints and connective tissue (fascia)
- Bring moments of calm into your everyday life
- Enjoy a course that you can return to many times
- As always when trying a new exercise, check with a medical professional to ensure this is safe for you especially if you are taking medications
Learn a less common form of yoga and step out of our yang lifestyles for a while!
Much of our lives are spent rushing around being busy. Busy is amazing and fun but we need balance, we need to slow down sometimes. This is where Yin Yoga comes in. Most days of the week at present I spend training and running long distances. This causes my body to become tight and stressed. To counter this, I love to practice Yin because it helps counterbalance rough intense workouts. I highly recommend Yin if you participate in high-energy, high-stress sports or careers. Keep reading to learn more about what we'll cover in this course.
This course is designed to help you learn Yin Yoga both through lectures and by practicing Yin Yoga. We will go over many fundamental aspects of Yin Yoga including what it is (in brief, Yin Yoga is holding relaxing poses to strengthen your facia, joints, tendons, and ligaments), what to wear, how to avoid injuries, the benefits and contraindications of each pose we practice and how to get into them. In the final lesson, I will provide some ways to bring Yin Yoga into your everyday life even when you don't have time to practice.
The poses included in this class are Butterfly, Caterpillar, Straddle, Saddle, and Shavasana plus a brief meditation at the beginning of the class.
One thing I want to mention here is that Yin Yoga is not a recovery yoga and that you should practice Yin injury-free. Please, as always, check with a doctor before beginning a new exercise program.
Who this course is for:
- This course really is intended for everyone (if you have knee, neck, or back injuries, please wait until those are healed before trying this course). These long held poses will help bring a sense of balance to our generally fast paced lives.
My passion is teaching individuals and companies on how to put the customer at the center of what they do. I do this by helping people uncover their customers' and employees' pain points and then creating journey maps that help illustrate where those pain points occur. Once the pain points are understood, I teach people how to ideate and solve those pain points to improve their customers' and employees' lives. Throughout all of this, I help people understand customer trends and the competitive landscape.