Wilderness (Outdoor) First Aid
What you'll learn
- Learn immediate first aid treatment for common injuries in an outdoor environment
- Be able to provide first aid to yourself and others
- Learn how to treat common outdoor bleeding injuries
- Provide first aid for those suffering from cold or heat illnesses
- Treating burns, sunburns, snow blindness
- How to assess a patient's needs
- Diagnosing injuries
- Treating broken bones and sprains using splints and slings
- You will need access to a computer with sound
SPECIAL - Free enrollment for a limited time - please help me by leaving your ratings and comments!
We never know when we will be faced with a medical emergency, often at the worst place and away from medical professional help. This course will teach you how to respond to multiple common outdoor medical emergencies. Here you will learn the steps to take if faced with injury to yourself or others. Providing immediate first aid treatment can be essential to reduce further injury to the patient and even death. Don't go into the outdoors until you are prepared to handle a medical emergency! Looking forward to seeing you in the class!
Who this course is for:
- Those who want to learn first aid skills for treating injuries in the outdoors
Jeremy White is a current survival instructor, teaching survival skills at schools near his home and travels to teach at camps for kids. Jeremy is an active outdoorsman and has completed many trips (sometimes by himself) into the wilderness and surviving for many days. His training includes with Search and Rescue, Sherif's Dept., and personally taught by a retired United States Air Force survival instructor.
To compliment his survival training, Jeremy has also learned many things about surviving from his extensive travels around the world. He has learned how to 'survive' in other countries (sometimes by himself) and found ways to travel free and cheap!
In June of 2015, Jeremy was struck with heart failure and is currently living on a mechanical heart, while he awaits a heart transplant. He is unable to work like he used to however during this time it has allowed Jeremy to put down on paper his skills and training for others to learn from. Also, due to his physical condition Jeremy seeks income from his Udemy course to pay bills and medical expenses. Jeremy would like to say a big thank you to all those choosing to purchase the class.