Punch Them In The Gut: Writing Fiction with Emotional Impact
What you'll learn
- Build powerful stories.
- Create maximum reader engagement.
- Change the world.
- Be familiar with storytelling terms and the basics of writing story.
Learn how to write a story that will suck your readers in and get them to share your work with friends, family, and co-workers.
Story is the most powerful force in the world, but so few people even understand what it is or how it works.
In Punch them in the Gut you will learn:
- The power of story and how it continues to shape our world.
- The brain's need for story and how to keep rewarding your reader.
- What a story is and the parts that must be included to keep a reader turning the page.
- How to tailor a story for instant emotional engagement with your reader.
- The three scenes in each story that must be solid and how to build them.
- How to create an emotional impact that will get your reader to share your work instantly.
- How to intensify your story with believable outer problems.
- How you can change the world with your writing.
- And much, much more!!
Gain maximum reader engagement by understanding What Readers Want.
This course represents 1000's of hours of research in writing and psychology boiled down to the core level of understanding so you can take what you learn and put it right to work.
The course includes eight modules, designed to build a foundation of the psychology of reading first. As you move forward in the course, you will learn how to structure and write your story to tap into the reader's deep emotions.
Punch them in the Gut also includes worksheets that will help you identify reader's emotions, protagonist's emotions, tools to increase tension, and more.
I set out to learn how to sell more books, but I found so much more. This research has changed not only how I write stories but how I view the world. It has changed my life. As authors, we represent the one sure fire way of changing people's lives. Why? Because it is only in a story that a person can experience deep empathy and truly see the world through a new set of eyes. I excited to share this with you.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed to teach authors and storytellers to write what the brain wants to read. If you already have too many fans voraciously consuming your work and sharing it with their friends this course is not for you.
Clark Chamberlain is the publisher at Raven International Publishing, a small press publisher dedicated to producing high quality stories, equitable profit distribution, educating authors and giving back to the community.
As a publisher, Chamberlain, continues to emphasize the importance of targeting the story first before finishing the story. He works with each author to make sure the work is focused with the proper emotional impact before letting it go to print.
Chamberlain has worked over ten years in broadcast communications. He has been a journalist, copy editor, and news director with ABC. During this time he gained the deep understanding of telling powerful emotional stories that would grab readers and viewers, and move them to action. He is a natural teacher who pours the passion for his work into every class.
Chamberlain is an author of four novels and two comic book series. HIs work in fiction came from a desire to tell stories that could move readers to empathy and open them up to understanding other cultures and ideas.
Using his talents as a teacher and public speaker, Chamberlain, has been invited to lecture at various writing events. He is the host of the Book Editor Show and currently teaches writing and editing part time in his home town.