Unity3D - A Basic and Intermediate Work-Along Course
What you'll learn
- Bring their ideas to life! This is a work-along course with plenty of examples and code solutions that can be reused
- Deploy their solutions to a number of platforms (Mobile, VR, Computer)
- Fly around unity like a pro! Create environments and Behavior scripts in no time
- Have a set of capability and feature examples that they can re-use and extend in their game
- Basic understanding of programming principles (variables, objects) - Will provide references if not
- Some basic C# principles may help, but not required
- Be willing to learn through example, and code along!
Welcome to the comprehensive Introduction to Unity course!
At the end of this course, you will have the knowledge and information to take any idea or inspiration you may have and implement it in a real, deployed, video game.
This course is targeted at both beginner and intermediate Unity users, guiding students all the way from the proper download and setup of the application, all the way through multiple game examples and capability overviews. You’ll never be left alone – your instructor will be working right along with you every step of the way.
For our more advanced users, the course has been highly modularized and labeled, to allow for skipping around.
For an overview of the topics covered and touched on in this course, please see the promotional video. Note: This topics list is not exhaustive, just meant to give you a feel for the breadth of knowledge you’ll have access to at the end of the course. Some of the most important take-aways from this course will be those not listed in the topics, including best-practices, information on important developer resources and documentation, shortcuts to make you work like a pro, and stumbling through errors and bugs.
This course is taught by an avid gamer and technology enthusiast, so many of the game development challenges and solutions are contextualized and informed by the successes and failures of past video games. He is very involved in each of his courses, and always available for help or guidance.
Its time to finally be able to bring your ideas to life!
Who this course is for:
- The hobbyist game lover who has dabbled in some programming
- Existing programmers who want to get into Unity
- Anyone interested in learning fundamental and intermediate Unity concepts
- Unity Artists and content providers who have not had extensive exposure to the engine
- Complete beginners with no idea where to start in the game development world
I've been a programmer for as long as I can remember - Ever since I was old enough to press keys on a keyboard, I've been breaking computers, and coming up with software-based solutions.
Professionally, I've been doing Software-Engineering for over 10 years, and discovered Unity over five years ago. It shook my world, as I have a huge passion for games, and game design was always such a foreign concept to me, and seemed impossible. Unity broke that paradigm, affording everyone the capabilities needed to turn their random ideas into fully functioning games.
Since my discovery of this wonderful application, I've used Unity on a daily basis for both personal and professional projects for over four years.
When not programming, I love to camp, spend time with my wife and child, and play basketball.