- 10.5 hours on-demand video
- 334 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play the ukulele using the fingerstyle method.
- Have a greater understanding about basic music theory on the ukulele.
- Learn left hand and right hand techniques.
- Know how to practice and develop a daily warmup.
- Play Ode To Joy, Happy Birthday and Silent Night using the fingerstyle method.
- A ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
- No need to be able to read music.
Do you have very little musical experience but have always wanted to learn to play an instrument? Have you struggled to learn the guitar, banjo or violin but still want to play a stringed musical instrument? Are you a singer and want a simple instrument that you can play along with your singing? Then the ukulele is for you!
The ukulele is a great entry instrument for beginners. A decent beginner ukulele is a cheap option compared to other musical instruments. It can also be a great instrument for singers as it is easy to learn, small and portable. And it is a simple instrument to learn the basic techniques needed if you want to advance onto other stringed instruments - like the guitar, banjo or violin.
This course combines the best fingerstyle elements of our other courses allowing you to learn to play both left hand and right hand techniques on the ukulele.
This course brings together all the elements you need to get you started:
- getting started showing the basics of your ukulele;
- theory basics showing you the basic elements of theory related to your ukulele; and
- technique basics showing you the basic techniques of the fingerstyle method.
The course also includes a workout section which will encourage you to incorporate practice elements into your daily routine.
And finally, the course includes three songs using the fingerstyle method: Ode To Joy, Happy Birthday and Silent Night.
This course is appropriate for all levels. If you are an absolute beginner, then this course will show the basics. If you are more advanced then you can use this course to improve your technique and/or as part of your daily warm-up/practice.
There is no need to be able to read music or even have picked up a ukulele. All you need is a ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
Resources at each stage will include easy-to-read diagrams, tablature (TAB), charts and mp3 playalongs for your own practice.
- Anyone who wants to learn the fingerstyle method on the ukulele.
Introduction to the 'Getting Started' section. This lesson gives an overview of the 'Getting Started' section.
Introduction to Theory Basics. This lesson gives an overview of the Theory Basics section.
Introduction to Technique Basics. This lesson gives an overview of the Technique Basics section.
Introduction to Workout. This lesson gives an overview of the Workout section.
Introduction to the Ode To Joy section. This lesson gives an overview of the Ode To Joy section.
Introduction to the Happy Birthday section. This lesson gives an overview of the Happy Birthday section.
Introduction to the Silent Night section. This lesson gives an overview of the Silent Night section.