Training the Athletic Brain
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 13 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course will have an understanding about how the human brain develops in relation to sports skill learning experiences.
- By the end of the course you will understand how an experts brain functions and allows them perform their skills at the pinnacle of their sport.
- By the end of the course you will know what the research says about the defining capabilities of expert sports performers.
- By the end of the course you will understand to the key skill acquisition principles that relate to coaching experts in skill based sports.
- By the end of the course you will have a deeper appreciation on the psychological development of athletes over time.
- By the end of the course you will understand how all the different scientific fields spoken about in the course relate to each other and influence your coaching.
- By the end of the course you will be able to take all the coaching knowledge and relate it practically to your coaching.
- By the end of the course you will be a better coach.
- Students need only a basic knowledge of sports coaching and an open mind. There are no special technology requirements.
The Brain Training: Training the Athletic Brain Course gives coaches greater insight into how expert sporting skills actually develop over time. It brings together contemporary research from neuroscience, sports expertise development, skill acquisition and psychology. In particular, it looks at how to coach most effectively at what ages based on how an athlete’s brain is actually developing. The course is guaranteed to challenge any coach and make an impact on all aspects of a coaching program.
The Brain Training course is structured so that students get grounding in fundamental knowledge in the beginning and delivers practical coaching outcomes in the latter half of the course.
The course is delivered mostly through video lectures along some written lectures and downloadable PDF's. In total the course will take about 10 hours to complete.
Take this Brain Training course now and discover the brain science of athletics.
- This course is for any coach wanting advance their knowledge.
- This course is for any sports coach looking to improve their coaching outcomes.
- This course is for any parent wanting a deeper understanding of how they can help kids develop their athletic brain and sports skills.
Developing mindfulness skills in athletes will build the ability to regulate emotions and control and maintain attention on performance targets, two psychological skills essential to elite performance and maximising sporting potential. Learn how you can build the mindfulness skills of athletes over time.