Training the Athletic Brain
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course will have an understanding about how the human brain develops in relation to sports skill learning experiences.
- By the end of the course you will understand how an experts brain functions and allows them perform their skills at the pinnacle of their sport.
- By the end of the course you will know what the research says about the defining capabilities of expert sports performers.
- By the end of the course you will understand to the key skill acquisition principles that relate to coaching experts in skill based sports.
- By the end of the course you will have a deeper appreciation on the psychological development of athletes over time.
- By the end of the course you will understand how all the different scientific fields spoken about in the course relate to each other and influence your coaching.
- By the end of the course you will be able to take all the coaching knowledge and relate it practically to your coaching.
- By the end of the course you will be a better coach.
- Students need only a basic knowledge of sports coaching and an open mind. There are no special technology requirements.
The Brain Training: Training the Athletic Brain Course gives coaches greater insight into how expert sporting skills actually develop over time. It brings together contemporary research from neuroscience, sports expertise development, skill acquisition and psychology. In particular, it looks at how to coach most effectively at what ages based on how an athlete’s brain is actually developing. The course is guaranteed to challenge any coach and make an impact on all aspects of a coaching program.
The Brain Training course is structured so that students get grounding in fundamental knowledge in the beginning and delivers practical coaching outcomes in the latter half of the course.
The course is delivered mostly through video lectures along some written lectures and downloadable PDF's. In total the course will take about 10 hours to complete.
Take this Brain Training course now and discover the brain science of athletics.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for any coach wanting advance their knowledge.
- This course is for any sports coach looking to improve their coaching outcomes.
- This course is for any parent wanting a deeper understanding of how they can help kids develop their athletic brain and sports skills.
For over 15 years I have been practising and teaching in the sports and health industry. My background is as a Sports Physiotherapist, Masters Level Exercise Scientist and Level 3 High Performance Tennis Coach. I have a passion in particular for improving skill acquisition practise across many sports and healthy child development. My past work experience includes national roles in tennis coaching, strength and conditioning and education, and achievements as a coach include coaching at the 2012 London Olympics, on the ATP tour as well as Junior World and Grand Slam Champions. I firmly believe we can do a far better job at educating those with the potential to make long lasting differences in children's physical and psychological lives. Advances in education, research and technology is what will allow us to achieve this.