TornadoFX - Build JavaFX Applications With Kotlin
- 9 hours on-demand video
- 14 articles
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Leverage JavaFX libraries by Using TornadoFX - a Kotlin Library for Building JavaFX Applications
- TornadoFX - JavaFX Framework for Kotlin
- Create Beautiful and Maintainable JavaFX Applications with TornadoFX
- Build Rich "In-House" Business Desktop Applications with TornadoFX
- Fundamentals of Object Oriented Programming
- Kotlin Knowledge is Preferred, but Not Entirely Required
- Basic JavaFX Architecture is Preferred, but Not Required
JavaFX has been around for quite a long time. It's powered by Java and has been used to build desktop applications, as well as Rich Internet Applications (RIAs).
Although the Java programming language has been known for its portability, it has its pitfalls - one of which being its verbosity - developers must write a lot of lines of code to make a simple GUI.
TornadoFX, a lightweight JavaFX framework for Kotlin, simplifies JavaFX development by abstracting out all of the verbose, hard-to-maintain Java code.
TornadoFX, powered by the statically typed JVM language (Kotlin), makes it a breeze to build rich, feature-packed user interfaces.
Also, TornadoFX minimizes, greatly, the amount of code needed to build JavaFX applications making the codebase easy to maintain and extend.
Note: This course expects you have some preliminary knowledge about OOP in Any Language, and preferably Kotlin, but not required.
TornadoFX not only includes type-safe builders to rapidly layout controls and user interfaces but also features:
Control Extension functions
Here's what we'll cover in this course:
Learn the differences between JavaFX using Java and JavaFX using TornadoFX
Setup our development environment to start using TornadoFX
Understand JavaFX Components and how they are easily created with TornadoFX
Basic Controls in TornadoFX
Using type-safe builders to create controls and layouts in a breeze
Editing and Model Validation in TornadoFX
JSON and REST
Connecting a TornadoFX App to a SQLite Database
Creating Shapes and Animations
Building Java Business Applications with Workspace
Additionally, this course comes with the following:
Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
A responsive Instructor to answer questions
Resources to further your knowledge
Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready to Download upon finishing the course
A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
Learning TornadoFX is going to allow you to start giving more value to your company, institution or business, as you'll be creating "in-house" software in no time.
Don't overthink it. Just enroll and start learning TornadoFX - the next level of crafting maintainable, clutter-free JavaFX UI heavy desktop Applications!
- Developers Who Want to Learn How to Build JavaFX Applications with TornadoFX (Kotlin)
- Kotlin Developers Who Want to Build JavaFX Desktop Applications in TornadoFX
- Java Developers Who Want a Less-Verbose, Maintainable Way to Build JavaFX Applications in TornadoFX Using Kotlin
- Curious Programming Enthusiasts Who want to Create Beautiful JavaFX Applications in TornadoFX