Think like a migrant, act like a local
- A willingness to learn
- Interest in the people side of business
Who do we call migrants? It may be you or me, moving from one place to another to improve our lives. It can be inter country, intra country or even rural to urban. Statistically, the maximum number of human migrations across the world happened in the last decade—and it is increasing every day.
Migrants and locals are two sides of a coin—a journey of collaborative adaptation necessary from both ends. We all struggle during this process from fear of uncertainty, culture shock, change in perception, value system and style of communication. As human beings are the heart and soul of any business, understanding different perspectives and behaviour are crucial in reaping the optimum outcome. Migration—wherever it happens, it always brings socio economic growth and in today’s hyper connected mobile world is truly a relevant topic.
· Think like a migrant – use your practice of adaption to strive for success
· Act like a local – collaborate, socialise and adapt to the ways of your new homeland
Who this course is for:
- Learning and Development in corporates
- Employee Induction programs
- Business Owners
- Migrant Professionals
- 02:50What is Migration
- 09:11Phases Post Migration
- 07:20Acculturation Process
- 08:09Different Societies
- 04:42Extra Societies
- 05:07Emotional Intelligence and Diversity
- 04:42Fear and Things to Remember
- 01:26How to Cope with Culture Shock
- 01:47List of things to look for in the new land
- 02:28Why this is so relevant
- 27:55Contents for Reading in the Course
Goutam considers himself as Mathematics Honours and Masters in Information Technology by education, entrepreneur by logic, egalitarian by heart, life and learning are joyfully synonymous by attitude. Author of “Jailbreak : Unblock the friend within to conquer this big small world”, "Think Like a Migrant Act Like a Local", instructor of two e-learning courses. He has gone on to found successful consultancy company, Infonity (www.infonity.com.au). They are in HR consulting, recruitment and human analytics. They are also specialised in Workforce Diversity and Mental Health Consulting for organizations and governments. Currently they are operating nationally in Australia. In March 2014 Infonity started operations in India, focusing on early intervention on mental health. Vast experience from his early odd jobs to established corporate roles in several IT companies has sown the seeds for these courses. He worked in 14 jobs in 7 different industries has given him invaluable experience in understanding how people think and act.