Theme Park Design
What you'll learn
- Learn how to become an Imagineer
- Learn the secrets of great attraction design
- Find the theme park job that's best for you
- Peek behind the scenes at the world's theme parks
- Experience the thrill of opening a new ride
- Explore backstage theme park technology
- Learns tips for finding a theme park design job
- A passion for theme parks!
If you want to design theme parks for a living, here's the class that shows you how! It's a fun class for everyone. You'll explore:
- art direction
- story writing
- themed architecture
- ride control
- show control
- audio and video
- mechanics and hydraulics
Steve Alcorn is the CEO of Alcorn McBride Inc., the company the engineers products for all of the world's major theme parks. Steve began his career by helping to design Epcot. Since then he has designed equipment for hundreds of rides and shows, and thousands of other attractions, all over the world.
In this course you'll lean first hand from him, what it takes to become an Imagineer, and what all the different specialties there are in the field of theme park design. (Steve also hosts a non-video workshop where you can design your own attraction with his guidance. Read more about it at http://imagineeringclass.com)
In Theme Park Design you'll learn:
- "Blue Sky" Brainstorming
- Conceptual Attraction Design
- Project Management
- Architecture and Structural Considerations
- Mechanical Engineering for Rides
- Safety and Monitoring Techniques
- Ride Control Engineering
- Show Systems Design
- Audio Video Systems
- Special Effects
- Whole Park Infrastructure
- Merchandise and Food Service Planning
- Test and Adjust Processes
- How to Find Theme Park Design Jobs
Enrolling in Theme Park Design is like signing up for the crazy roller coaster ride that every theme park project turns into. Along the way you'll experience all the thrills, spills and chills of creating a new attraction and opening it to your guests!
You'll also receive:
- lists of companies that do theme park design
- industry trade organizations
- roller coaster, haunted houses and attraction links
- tips on how to find jobs in the theme park industry
Theme Park Design is open to everyone with a sincere interest in theme parks and a desire to have fun. Enroll today, and let Steve Alcorn show you how to become an Imagineer!
Who this course is for:
- Open to everyone interested in theme parks and how to create them
Steve Alcorn is a theme park designer, author, teacher, and the founder of Writing Academy. His novels include mysteries, young adult stories, historic fiction and romance. His is also the author of How to Fix Your Novel.
Steve has helped more than 30,000 aspiring writers structure their novels, through the online learning programs of 1500 colleges and universities worldwide. Many of his students are now published authors, and you can be, too!