Art of War by Sun Tzu - the Tao of Leadership
What you'll learn
- Understand the central message of Sun Tzu's The Art of War without having to spend hours reading the book and commentary on it.
- Appreciate why The Art of War is a classic text in Leadership Development.
- Focus on the importance of Self Awareness to great leadership.
- Discover ways to cultivate the techniques needed to take decisions without stress.
- Recall the most important quotes from the book and relate them to the world of business.
- Students for this course will most likely be already enrolled into a company Leadership Development Scheme or be aware that they face challenges leading others in their own business.
- The main requirement is to accept that leadership is a learnt skill which has evolved over centuries and should not be attempted without professional support.
Art of War is one of a handful of must read leadership classics.
It is one of the most quoted but least understood books on the subject.
It's also quite a difficult read because 60% of the book is about the Chinese terrain and climate and about moving men and supplies.
This can feel like a waste of your valuable time but the remaining 40% is pure gold.
It's a book about the mental and spiritual preparation for leadership.
It makes it very clear that strategy and the motivation of others begins with self control.
In this course we focus all of your attention onto the gentle art of stilling the mind to feel the force.
In 45 minutes you will discover the essence of Sun Tzu's leadership message without needing hours of study.
The book is NOT a manual on ways to be ruthless and unprincipled.
In fact it's the polar opposite whilst still having the objective of instructing the reader in the ways of undisputed and total success.
Who this course is for:
- People being introduced to Leadership Development, HR Managers and Business Owners who need to learn about leading others without anxiety.
- Readers with an interest in classic literature but who want a synopsis before investing time in reading the full text.
Courses to help you improve covering:
* Influencing Skills
* Communication Skills
* Public Speaking
* Stress Management
* Handling Feedback
* Business Writing
* Decision Making
* Dyslexia at Work
* Alcohol Misuse
Affordable and accessible any time and any place.
You can learn in total privacy.
We are on-hand to offer personal support via Skype or Zoom should you need it. We've been where you are now.
Preview our courses before you enrol today.
About Peter Urey.
Trained to advanced level in personal coaching techniques including Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling, Hoshin Planning, Business NLP and HP's Leadership Development Programme.
Experienced coach for Hewlett Packard, Symantec, Canon, Epson plus many more.
Educated in Law at University of Oxford.
Aged 60, married 33 years, 3 adult children.
Student of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling under Marian Way, author of Clean Approaches for Coaches.
Black Belt in Karate.