Succession Planning: Prepare Leaders for Tomorrow
What you'll learn
- Understand the 2-step process to identify those who will likely be capable of filling key leadership positions within the next 5 years.
- Draft a succession plan for yourself or another key position in your organization
- Implement individual development plans to facilitate the readiness of the successor candidates.
- Understand the importance of properly communicating the succession planning process throughout the organization.
- Learn how to design new or enhance existing internal leadership programs to diversify the pool of potential successors and accelerate their readiness.
Address the biggest risk in your organization: ineffective leadership. A preventable form of ineffective leadership is no leadership, which is what will occur if the organization does not proactively plan to fill future leadership vacancies. Learn how to develop your internal talent so they are ready when leadership opportunities appear - and they will!
Organizational sustainability is strengthened considerably when a robust succession planning process is in place. This includes a commitment to individual development planning. You'll learn how to create the individual development plans that prepare the successors, as well as how to create or enhance internal leadership development programs that directly support the succession process. Preparing successors can be accelerated by offering internal leadership development programs tailored to your culture and specific needs.
Perhaps most importantly, you will learn how to communicate the succession planning and individual development processes to your employees such that they get excited about the opportunity to develop themselves. The transparent communication approach ensures you include and engage all interested employees - whether or not they are on a succession plan...yet.
This course provides all the tools, templates, and examples you need to begin implementing the succession planning process immediately.
The process outlined in this course is the same process I created and implemented as an executive in a nonprofit organization, following the process for several years while I developed my own successors. When they were ready, I left the organization to begin a path of entrepreneurship. I have since enhanced this process as an organizational development and business strategy consultant, helping my clients to establish succession planning in their organizations.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for executive leaders, board members, and human resource professionals who want to ensure the future sustainability of the organization by establishing a robust pipeline of internal leadership talent.
Stephanie Reh is on a mission to help more people to serve more people. Stephanie’s aim and passion as Founder & CEO of Accountability Evangelist is to help accountable people achieve their most ambitious goals so that they can happily live a life of fulfillment and make a tremendous, positive impact on the lives of the people they choose to serve. Stephanie specializes in goal mastery training, succession planning, and leadership development. She is an Executive Contributor for Brainz Magazine and an active community volunteer/champion.