Statistics and Zen
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Ace their first test in beginning statistics
- Achieve a level of confidence and competence in beginning statistics thought impossible
- Use breathing and relaxation methods to improve memory in statistics or any other course of study
- Confidently employ basic math functions in statistics
- Comprehend basic statistical notation and symbols
- Compute Mean, Median, Mode of any distribution of scores
- See why the Bell Curve is so important to the foundation of statistics
- Produce an accurate Frequency Distribution Table
- Perform math operations to obtain the Sum of Squares, Variance, and Standard Deviation of any group of scores
- Lose all anxiety and mathophobia about taking statistics
- Acquire a Certificate of Completion in Pre-Statistics Preparation and Proof for Continuing Education Credits
- Acquire at the end of the course a "Crib Sheet" that encapsulates all they symbols, notations and basic functions in the course.
- Plenty of quizzes to help you do learning checks and remember better.
- You need to know how to add, divide, multiply and divide simple numbers
- You need to be willing to use a breathing and relaxation technique in your learning
- You will need paper and pencil and a computer and, of course, online service
STATISTICS & ZEN is a "pre-statistics" course. This is a brief, clear and succinct course for four possible audiences. NOTE: This is a unique course in that it has built in techniques to reduce anxiety and to enable exponential retention of what is learned. If you are willing to learn statistics in a new way - using breathing, focusing and relaxation exercises - this course is for you.
1) Preparation for anyone getting ready to take their first statistics course;
2) Those anxious - from nervous to downright terrified - about taking statistics course;
3) A refresher course for those who have been away from statistics a long time; and,
4) The novice in statistics going into a business (or a business meeting) where "stat speak" is going to happen and you don't want to look like an idiot.
The course is taught with videos, Powerpoint slides with narrations, and audio files, but more importantly, breathing and relaxing techniques are included to lower fear and confusion and to speed up retention of the material.
- You will learn basic symbols and notation used in statistics.
- You will learn basic math operations.
- You will know how and why tests of significance are needed.
- You will know what functions to use for samples vs. populations
- You will understand central tendencies of mean, median and mode and know how to compute them.
- You will understand the Bell Curve and what it means.
- You will know how to derive percentiles.
- You will know how to do standard deviations for samples and populations.
- You will know basic math operations in statistics.
- If you are taking an intro statistics course you WILL ACE YOUR FIRST TEST (and, more than likely the second one as well) without studying.
- At the end of the course, a 3 page Crib Sheet is included that encapsulates the course.
- This course is for students anxious or phobic about statistics
- This course is a statistics prep course for those who know little to nothing about statistics
- This is a refresher course for those who have forgotten basic statistical functions and operations
- This course is for pre-statistics students who are willing to learn in a unique fashion
- This is for people who have started a statistics course and are LOST.
This is both the Table of Contents and a list of what you will be able to do after taking this course.
This emphasizes the importance of relaxing while learning. Fear and life-enhancing learning contradict one another.
Careful instruction AND practice in doing Conscious Connected Breathing - an empowering and rapid system for aiding in remembering what you have learned.
NOTE: There is a lot more information on this...if you are interested...at the end of the course.
You will learn, in general, what statistics is all about. Statistics is focused on either populations or samples. There are different symbols AND functions for each.
Here you will learn about the use of Greek symbols, how to recognize them, and do your first mathematical function: Figuring the average while learning the formula lingo.
This is a LONG lesson, so pause it as you need to - just pause the lesson and relax AND breathe (CCB, of course!) - then, when ready, start the lesson again. There is no need to hurry!