Startup Selling: Sell More Stuff
- Enthusiasm and need to improve sales performance.
- While it is helpful to have specific sales opportunities in mind when taking this course, it's not necessary.
(Yes, this course really is free. Read more about why it's free here.)
Most sales courses, training, and workshops focus on "selling" when in fact, you need to know your customer's buying process. That's what you'll learn in this class.
By identifying the components of the buying and selling process, you can increase your conversion rates and accelerate your time-to-sale. Enterprise sales (i.e. business-to-business), purchasing decisions can take 3, 6, or 12 months (or more!) with many decision-makers, influencers, and individual buyers involved.
We use the Sales Model Canvas as your framework to achieve these objectives. The Sales Model Canvas is a simple process to follow starting from the first conversation with your prospective customer all the way through the sales and buying process, and to successful implementation your solution with your new client.
The course includes case studies from various industries and solutions, including:
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Data-as-a-Service (DaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (Paas)
- University & college educational products and sales
- Government and Request-for-Proposal (RFP) sales situations
- Clean Tech & Renewable Energy
- Services-based companies, including consulting and web development services.
- Examples from both startups and established companies.
All of the materials, course lectures, and case studies have been presented at live, in-person workshops with startup and technology groups including:
- The 2012 Lean Startup Conference
- Startup Grind
- The Lean Startup Circle-San Francisco
- The Lean Startup-Orange County
- The Lean Startup-Portland
- Bootstrapper's Breakfast
- Entrepreneur's Organization
"I attended a live workshop for this course. I have this stuff on my desk. It's our sales compass - where are we on each deal? Are we on track? Where are we going?"
- Arthur Bart-Williams, Founder, Canogle, Speaker & Mentor at the Lean Startup Conference
"Very practical Quickstart for a non-salesperson to do lead discovery and conversion. I’d previously read Solution Selling to overcome a feeling that I’m an engineer not a salesperson, but found the book too theoretical to help. This workshop was a hit-the-ground-running introduction where I left feeling that I can do sales. Highly recommend it."
- Riaz Rizvi, Principal at Kickstart Platforms
"Scott was instrumental in developing our enterprise sales process by teaching us how to navigate through target prospects and developing sales experiments to optimize our process."
- Patrick White, CEO at Synata, Best New Enterprise Product at LAUNCH 2013
Book Reviews for "Startup Selling" and "52 Sales Questions Answered" (by the course author)
"I found this book useful as we all sell something to someone no matter what our job is. The customer could be your manager or co-workers, and you might be selling your new idea rather than a product. No matter what you sell, you bound to pick up useful ideas in this book."
- Ali Julia, Amazon #1 Reviewer, Review of "Startup Selling"
"There is a wealth of information here - the book makes the reader feel like being in attendance at one of his seminars. Sambucci is bright, witty, focused, and right there on the front lines of success. Just buy into it."
- Grady Harp, Amazon Top 50 Reviewer, Review of "52 Sales Questions Answered"
"If you are an entrepreneur who wants to get up to speed quickly on selling to business, in particular selling software, the book belongs on your short list of must reads."
- Sean Murphy, Founder SKMurphy, Review of "Startup Selling"
Who this course is for:
- Startup CEOs
- Sales Reps at Startups
- Sales Development Reps
- Sales Team Leaders & Sales Managers
- Technical leaders & engineering teams looking for more visibility in the enterprise sales process
- 03:58Why take this course? Here's why...
- 13 pagesDOWNLOAD: Course Workbook
Founder of SalesQualia. Our company is dedicated to improving sales performance. We've presented at the 2012 Lean Startup Conference, and have led sales and company development workshops across the country with groups in Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Las Vegas, and San Francisco.
Throughout my career, I've sold educational products, software solutions, data services, and consulting engagements to:
- Top universities, including Duke University, Columbia University, and the University of Pennsylvania;
- Financial firms, including Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, and Freddie Mac;
- United States government agencies, including the Federal Housing Financing Agency, the Department of Treasury, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
I also teaches university courses in Economics, Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Strategic Management and recently received a “Faculty Member of Excellence” award in 2012. The universities where I've taught include: University of San Francisco, the Hult International School of Business, Saint Leo University, Cal State East Bay. I'll be teaching Sales Management in the UC-Berkeley Extension Program in Summer 2014. I've also been interviewed on CNBC, NPR, and The Financial Times.
More about me:
Books on Amazon:
"Startup Selling: How to sell if you really, really have to and don't know how" .
"52 Sales Questions Answered: A Q&A Guide to Sales & Customer Development."