Sport Psychology for Athletes
What you'll learn
- Understand how to increase motivation, improve focus and build confidence
- Use mental imagery
- Replace negative self-talk with positive self-talk
- Practice mindfulness
- Achieve your sporting goals
- Have more fun
- This course is designed for people with an interest in sport
- No prior knowledge of psychology is required
Are you interested in sport psychology? Maybe you're an athlete or a coach looking for practical techniques. Or maybe a student or lifelong learner who loves sport.
If so, this is the course for you. It will provide you with a beginner-level grounding in the theory, but with a focus on practical application and how to use the techniques in your own life, whatever level of sport you play.
We won't just be looking at slides, we'll be out there exploring, with quizzes, workbooks and practical exercises to work through.
We'll look at:
Stress & Anxiety
And much more!
Watch the video or check out our preview lessons to get a taste of what is inside the course.
If that sounds exciting, hit the "buy now" button to get started immediately. I can't wait to see you inside the course!
Who this course is for:
- Athletes who who want to improve their performance
- Coaches who want a better understanding of theory and how to implement it
- Anyone who loves sport and is interesting in learning about psychology
Chris Worfolk is a psychologist and software consultant. He is the author of nine books and has taught over 50,000 students on Udemy. He specialises in software, career coaching, mental health and resilience.
Chris is the founder of the mental health charity Anxiety Leeds and co-founder of the Leeds Anxiety Clinic. He is the author of Do More, Worry Less: Small Steps To Reduce Your Anxiety. He has a degree in psychology from Leeds Beckett University.
Previously, he has spent over ten years working in the IT industry helping companies including Sky, Asda, Capita and the NHS improve the digital products. He is the author of numerous books including How to Exit VIM and the IT Contracting Master Class. He has a degree in computing from the University of Leeds.
In his spare time, he is an ironman triathlete, ultramarathon runner, competitive public speaker. He lives in Leeds with his wife and daughter.