Complete SEO Training With Top SEO Expert Peter Kent!
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 45 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- An understanding of how to rank a Web site high up in the major search engines using SEO
- The knowledge you need to do the SEO work yourself or supervise an SEO optimization team or outside SEO firm.
- Basic knowledge of getting around on the Internet and building Web pages, even if through a simple page-building tool.
- You may not know how to work with Web pages, but this course will still provide the information you need to supervise a Web-development team in the area of SEO.
- You *Don't* Need to Know Anything About SEO ... Because I'll Be Explaining All the SEO You Need!
LEARN & IMPLEMENT SEO THAT PRODUCES RESULTS! GET YOUR WEBSITE TO THE TOP OF THE MAJOR SEARCH ENGINES!
When your potential customers and site visitors search at Google, Bing, and Yahoo! ... does your Web site appear in the results? At or near the top?
If not, this course can help! At the end of this course you'll have a firm understanding of how SEO (Search Engine Optimization) works and how you can use it to boost traffic to your site.
SEO That Works!
Search Engine Optimization seems to be a dark art … full of confusion, misconceptions, misleading information, and outright scams. But at heart, SEO is pretty simple, and this course explains it all:
- Picking the Best Keywords for SEO
- Preparing Your Site, Including Avoiding Things that Hurt Your Site SEO
- Understanding the Role of Content in SEO
- Optimizing Your Pages – Meta Tags, Formatting Body Text & Images, etc.
- Boosting SEO with Structured Data Markup
- “Submitting" Your Site to Search Engines and Directories
- Local-Search SEO
- Understanding the Importance of Links in SEO and How they Work for You
- Finding Places to Get Great Links to Your Site
Is This Course for You?
Perhaps you own a small business, and your success depends on your Web site. Maybe you're a Web developer, and you want to do a better job for your clients--and your clients do want SEO!--or you are responsible for your employer's Web site and are feeling pressure to get it ranked in the search engines. Or maybe you have hired an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) company and are not sure that they are doing a good job…or are about to hire an optimization company and have heard the SEO horror stories from friends and colleagues.
Whatever your situation, this course, will take you through the process step-by-step, with commonsense advice and simple examples. Search Engine Optimization is not brain surgery, there are basic rules that, if you follow, will bring success.
Content and Overview
This course of over seven-and-a-half hours, 157 easy-to-digest lectures, and 40 documents with links to useful resources explains the basics of a powerful SEO campaign.
You'll begin by understanding the importance of keywords to SEO, how to find out what people are actually searching for online and how often, and how to pick the right SEO keywords. You'll also hear about the things you can do to your site to prepare, to ensure the site has the best chance to rank well.
I'll explain the role of content – text – in your Web pages, and how to optimize the various important tags in your page. You'll also hear about structured data markup, a way to tell the search engines what the content in your pages actually represents – products, software, reviews, people, music, articles, and more.
You'll learn the best ways to “submit" your site to the search engines, how to work with search directories, and about the Webmaster accounts, in particular Google Search Console.
You'll also hear about what is often the hardest part about search engine optimization, linking … getting links from other sites pointing back to yours. I'll explain in detail why this is so important, how links should be structured, and how to get them.
By the end of this course you'll have a solid foundation in SEO and be able to optimize your site, or to supervise developers and SEO firms to ensure the job is done right.
SEO really is not brain surgery ... or rocket science. There's so much information about SEO on the Web, you can get overwhelmed by the information overload. But SEO is actually relatively simple. Don't be blinded by the science. Kent leads you through easy to understand SEO strategies that really work!
- This course was created for people who own, manage, or develop Web sites...and know they need SEO
- Great for Web developers wanting to learn SEO so they can optimize their employer's or clients' sites
- People managing Web sites, even if not very technical, will find the course useful for avoiding the many SEO scams
- Small business people who want to get more traffic to their site will find the course helpful, whether optimizing their own sites or employing an SEO firm
- Businesses employing outside SEO firms will be able to understand what the SEO firms should be doing ... and if they're doing SEO right!
- Online marketers who need an understanding of SEO
In this video I introduce myself and explain how I can help your Web site rank in the search engines.
I quickly explain the different skills you'll learn in this course.
In the lecture following this, I explained how to use the Google Keyword Planner tool to pick great keywords. There was a small change to that tool since I created that lecture that I need to let you know about. An irritating change, but not a huge problem ... you just need to be aware of it. Please watch this lecture before you watch Using Keyword Analysis Tools.
A list of keywords put together from a "brainstorming" session is just the start; if you stop there, you won't know all the keywords. In this lesson I'll show you how to do a keyword analysis, using Google's free Keyword Tool, to find more important words and discover how often people actually search for the terms on your list.
Even if you already have a domain name for your site, you should listen to this lecture. You'll learn about the idea of "keyword" domains, about branding issues, "domain confusion," and more.
A search-results page contains various different things these days, information from different places - the organic index, PPC results, shopping results, local results, and more. Just to "make sure we're on the same page" (if you'll excuse the pun!), in this lesson I show you the different components of the results page.
In this lecture you'll discover special tricks you can play in the Google search results using structured data markup. I'll explain how you can feed information to Google's "Knowledge Graph," add a search box to your entry in the search results page, and add a breadcrumb and company name to the URL line of your results.