Create a Scratch and Win Game in Unity
What you'll learn
- Learn lot of Unity 3D programming tips and tricks
- Learn how to use advanced C# with LINQ, Lambda Expressions, Coroutines and Generic Methods
- Learn How To Create UI Shaders with Unity Shader Graph
- Create simple custom animation system witch C# without using Animator
- Learn How To Use Unity UI Events
- Learn How To build your Game Effectively even without using Update Loop
- Create playable game project for your portfolio, or just for your own sense of achievement
- Build your game to your mobile phone
- You should be familiar with C# and the Unity Game Development Engine.
- Mac or PC with Unity 3d 2019.3 or later installed
- You will need to be able to read and write simple code
Learn how to create and program your very own Scratch and Win Game with Unity, an industry-standard game development program used by many large gaming studios and indie developers across the world.
The course begins with a creation of basic systems and building blocks which are later connected to work together in a maintainable way. One of the interesting parts of this course is creating your own animation system, which does not need any animator or animation controller overhead, and is completely driven by coroutines. Also, entire game is written without use of an update method, so you will learn how to create your games without it. Just keep in mind that the course does not include finished project files, so you can have more motivation to finish it by yourself.
What you’ll learn
How to develop your game for your Mobile Phone
How To Create UI Shader Graph Shader inside Unity
How to use Unity UI Events
How to properly Raycast UI images even if they are overlapped
How to Draw lines with Unity LineRenderer
Saving and Loading your game progress
How to Work with Nested Prefabs inside Unity
How to work with Coroutines inside Unity
How to Create a simple Animation System from scratch
How To create Advanced UI for your game
Advanced C# programming with Class Constructors, LINQ, Lambda Expressions, Generic Methods, and other tips and tricks
How To use C# attributed like ContextMenu, System.Serializable and others
How to use static references with C#
How to use OnValidate Method inside your C# scripts
How to create a powerful Button Manager
How to create an entire game without using Update Loop
and much more...
Why learn from me?
I created this course to share my passion for making games and help others to create them. I am always trying to find effective and fast ways to solve various problems, so I hope you will find some of my tips and tricks useful also for your projects and games.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate Unity developers with a basic working knowledge of C# scripting
- This course is NOT for complete beginners having never touched Unity or C#. You should have understood the basics of both Unity and C# if you wish to properly follow along and get the most out of this course.
Hi, my name is Alex Urik.
I am a freelance game developer for about 5 years. Before I was working as a movie VFX artist for about 10 years and I worked on several feature films including Transformers or Batman vs Superman.
I always had a passion for programming and when I discovered Unity 3d engine, I was really happy that also in game development you can use high-level programing language like C#. Which I really enjoy using.
During my career as a game developer, I released a couple of assets in the Unity asset store and a couple of games for iOS and Android, and also I created several Unity courses and tutorials.
I always like to solve interesting problems and create tools and systems which speed up my work.
I love programming and I think learning from somebody else is the fastest way how to learn new things. That's why I would like to share my knowledge and I hope you will like my courses